[Event] Tiletoria West Coast Express

mdk555

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like the idea of making a few ZAR off you roadie riff raff for my next bike build, security won't let you lot in ;-)

Edited by Hairy

Still no rain for Sunday and all looking good for a great day of cycling

What weather forecast are you looking at? WeatherSA and Accuweather are giving me rain and 20 knot wind for Atlantis, Blouberg and Melkbos.

What weather forecast are you looking at? WeatherSA and Accuweather are giving me rain and 20 knot wind for Atlantis, Blouberg and Melkbos.

Windguru says no rain and 20-30 km/h wind

i believe in windguru - i looked at it last night and it said no rain for CT today (at the time it was p*ssing it down). we had almost perfect weather for the hill climb.

Windguru and then go to Big Bay and Melkbos. dont firget this is West Coast so it can be pissing down elsewhere but clear in Table View

As much as I like the idea of making a few ZAR off you roadie riff raff for my next bike build, security won't let you lot in ;-)

You're tough, Hairy...

I think I might warm myself in with the 65 if it's as nice a day as today - and I can get 3/4 hour more sleep. Anyone have an idea of the cost? It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, including the PPA newsletter.

Thanks Meezo! It's definitely a weekend ... I didn't even think of looking there. I wonder if I'll remember to take my timing chip tomorrow. Or helmet. Or shoes. Or bike.

So how did it go out there this morning?

Can't say about that side, but wind wasn't that hectic here in Durbanville early on, wind has picked up quite a bit though, as it is blowing strongly now. I had hoped to go out for two hours this afternoon, cannot see that happen now.

The ride was awesome, weather wasn't too bad.... I would like to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you to, Meezo, babse and team... "Team Aayuni Optical" They rode with the "O" group and damn those guys are strong, lead most of the way breaking the wind for the rest of the guys.... Thanx guys, sorry I didn't do much up front to help you....

Edited by Buzzman

Great event. Try telling a 11 yr old its not a race on the 19km. The wind on back straight slowed him down though. Couple a guys ended the event with a fight. Helmets are meant to protect your head not beat a guy against the head with it.