Brakes & Rotors

428 others

Me too, X0 Brakes with Shimano centrelocks. You use the spacers, then the washers to fine tune where the pad bites the rotors.

Although I have some old (10 year old) Hope Mono MIni's that seem to require Hope specific discs.

You shouldn't have to washer or shim the calliper if it is a later post mount type and/ or that sit on an adapter. You loosen those bolts , apply the brake, it will center itself , they tighten the bolts.

And think about floating rotors guys, makes sense if you going to be doing heavy braking.Thermal expansion does not warp the disc.

Edited by kosmonooit

Your biggest problem will be brake pads. Just be careful. For example, I had a set of XTR rotors brand new and the GF had a bike with deore brakes (could even have been lower). I put the XTR rotors on and there was no braking power. Turns out the XTR had to use a certain type of brake pad. I think it was resin.

You now only have half a problem, as you only need one rotor... :P

hahaha!

but yeah... interesting... hmmm?! I wonder what would be the point of that brake? The bike would have to be a fixie for it to affect the rear wheel... and then, the braking could be done by the riders legs?

...unless of course it's for when a rider is "free wheeling" (ie. feet off the pedals) and they want to slow the pedals down enough to catch them. But fixies with front brakes do the same job

Edited by patches