First ride at Tokai, need some pointers!

fran7802

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jimmy! What time is ok for you? Just tell me and I'll be there (I'll be available from 8:30)

Edited by pabloantu

• 1 month later...

Anybody doing Tokai in the next couple of days? I'm new to the sport and have never been and want to give it a try. What I learnt from my previous ride is that I shouldn't be doing it aloneph34r.png , so if anyone is willing to show me the ropes please drop me a pm.

Anybody doing Tokai in the next couple of days? I'm new to the sport and have never been and want to give it a try. What I learnt from my previous ride is that I shouldn't be doing it aloneph34r.png , so if anyone is willing to show me the ropes please drop me a pm.

Hi breaker, I moved your post here.. for first time Tokai riders..

• 10 months later...

Hey all. I've just arrived in CT to spend a few months here. Originally from SA but I've spent the last 12 years in the UK, so I'm looking forward to my first bit of riding on home soil.

If anyone is riding Tokai and can handle a straggler I'd love to join to try and get to know Tokai. Fitness sucks at the moment but I'll slog through it or find my way back to the car park!! For now I can ride any time, I haven't tested out Tokai yet, a little paranoid from reading the safety threads.

I'm also interested in meeting up with a slower / more chilled couple of riders some time for some non technical stuff as my wife rides a little but is a beginner.

Lastly, I'm keen to help out with some dig days so, Pain or Shine feel free to hollar if / when you could use a hand.

Hey all. I've just arrived in CT to spend a few months here. Originally from SA but I've spent the last 12 years in the UK, so I'm looking forward to my first bit of riding on home soil.

If anyone is riding Tokai and can handle a straggler I'd love to join to try and get to know Tokai. Fitness sucks at the moment but I'll slog through it or find my way back to the car park!! For now I can ride any time, I haven't tested out Tokai yet, a little paranoid from reading the safety threads.

I'm also interested in meeting up with a slower / more chilled couple of riders some time for some non technical stuff as my wife rides a little but is a beginner.

Lastly, I'm keen to help out with some dig days so, Pain or Shine feel free to hollar if / when you could use a hand.

Give me a shout via pm - I'm up there most days with my youngster. We do quite a bit of the single track but none of the more advanced DH tracks.

Edit - That goes for anybody that needs to find their way around Tokai.

Oh and safety wise things are not that bad up there.

Edited by marko35s

Give me a shout via pm - I'm up there most days with my youngster. We do quite a bit of the single track but none of the more advanced DH tracks.

Edit - That goes for anybody that needs to find their way around Tokai.

Oh and safety wise things are not that bad up there.

Cool, thanks Marko.

Signage and maps are in the process, so things will seem clearer from Dec.. hope you know your way around by then though!

Dig days are 1st Saturday of each month.. come when you can.