Breedts Nek Group Ride - Saturday 29 September 2012

Nancy Drew

Im out. Blew my left knee on last weekend's ride and today's ride was brutal on it.

Will be taking it easy for a while. Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you have a speedy recovery !

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 90km list keeps getting longer :w00t:

For those that are joining me just to the top and back (57kms), I can confirm that it will be S L O W..... I spent the whole long weekend being sick with bronchitis. I'm hoping that I'll be ok enough to crawl to the top and back..... so never fear, you can all use me as an excuse.....

let's just hope that the 90km people don't catch us on their return!! :blush:

anyhow, the list has been updated

The 90km list keeps getting longer :w00t:

For those that are joining me just to the top and back (57kms), I can confirm that it will be S L O W..... I spent the whole long weekend being sick with bronchitis. I'm hoping that I'll be ok enough to crawl to the top and back..... so never fear, you can all use me as an excuse.....

let's just hope that the 90km people don't catch us on their return!! :blush:

anyhow, the list has been updated

Thanks Nancy Drew!! SLOW is my middle name! Confirm me please and I will confirm another 2 riders before week is over!! All for the 57km!

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm realy, realy sorry Nance. Please forgive me?

Oh, ok.... I guess I can overlook it this once..... DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

I'll have to select someone else from the 90km group to lead the way.....

If someone can bring a driver, I will offer my bakkie as support vehicle to carry all the extras, food, water, spares….

proper 4x4 with real decent ground clearance? It will NOT get back up the other side otherwise.

Anyway support, is nice, but the 90km ride can be done solo with a camelbak and extra water bottle and some sarmies (optional). oooh, and a few jellie beans won't hurt either.

Take some money along for quarts/coke/chips/cookies/whatever you can find(not a huge selection!) at the shebeen on the other side

Edited by RoboCyclist

proper 4x4 with real decent ground clearance? It will NOT get back up the other side otherwise.

Sorry, I’m a breedt’s virgin, don’t know the place at all. I have a 4x2 with diff-lock with ample clearance. The driver could always stay put for the group to return and the join in again.

Sorry, I’m a breedt’s virgin, don’t know the place at all. I have a 4x2 with diff-lock with ample clearance. The driver could always stay put for the group to return and the join in again.

It's very decent of you to offer Stefanh.... the driver would be waiting for a very long time though as only the first +- 30kms is 'driveable'... unless by someone who has proper 4x4 experience.

the 90km can be done without support (unless there is a serious mechanical issue)- there is a tap at the shebeen to re-fill bottles/camelbaks

Sorry Nancy, looks like the group I'm riding with wants to start at 6 from Van Gaalens :eek: so I'm sure we'll see you out on the road somewhere!

....and we must pedal that terrain????? :wacko: .... NOt sure what I am looking forward to the most - needing a leg replacement after or negotiating terrain that will give a 4x4 a run for its money...... maybe it rains? :whistling: