155mm Saddle-Options

Pieterg

Need a racing saddle Less than 200g but and here is the catch it must be 155mm wide and have a cut out or dented in the middle MTB or road will use it on my MTB.What options do I have?

Need a racing saddle Less than 200g but and here is the catch it must be 155mm wide and have a cut out or dented in the middle MTB or road will use it on my MTB.What options do I have?

You think you hung like a horse?

Kidding, I use specialized saddles with a cut out as well.

Spez phenom...team edition 155mm

Best purchase I have ever made...my behind thank me after every ride

What did you pay and where can I buy?

Seems most of the Spez models can be had in 155mm, even the S-Works and Romin.

Got it right here on da hub for really cheap....500 I think, dunno what they cost at spez dealers sorry man

I bought my Phenom a while back for R1000. Was the 143mm though but I dont think the wider one costs more. Got it from the shop in melrose arch

Why must it be lighter than 200g ... I also thought I needed a 155mm because thats what the fit says yet after trying 3 Spez saddles my Fizik Alliante at 143 mm was way more comfortable ... I think Spez stuff is great but i'll tell you that with Fizik their business is Saddles

have a look at the the 2 brands of Saddles Phenom vs Alliante in the comp range Fizik about 30 grams lighter and about 10 times more comfortable

the Phenom is flatter and harder so requires a cutout where the Fizik is way more bowed and is softer so doesnt require a cutout, the Fizik only have Sloot .. in the Ladies saddle I think its the Vesta

Not saying one is better, because everyone is different, but dont be fooled that you need a cutout

to give an example an Alliante weighs about 280 grams, you could loose 80 grams somewhere else on the bike and still have the comfort .. any saddle of your choice.. but dont be fooled that a Spez saddle is like some sort of Lazy boy even the Henge which is very heavy and more cushioned still doesnt come close to the Alliante

I used a Fizik but then started having trouble with numbness.Got a Spez Indi XC 155mm saddle and it work Super problem is it weighs like 388g so if I go back to my Fizik 143mm I can save a lot of grams but the spez works beter