Bryton 35T and stationery trainer

rattlesnake

Bought my wife a Bryton 35T on the groupon special a little while back. Did the software upgrade, set ups etc. works great out on the road, problem is when she tries to use it on a stationery trainer no matter what I do I can't get it to start timing the workout.

Anyone else used theirs on a trainer and had the same problem? Is there a fix?

Do you have the cadence/speed sensor? Bryton recommends that you use it when you ride on your IDT (put it on the back wheel).

Thanks guys. I do have distance and cadence sensors on and working.

Timer just won't work indoors?!!

Edited by rattlesnake

I have the cadence sensor setup and it works fine. No distance obviously

If you have speed and time, you will have distance. My Rider 40 gives me that

Thanks guys. I do have distance and cadence sensors on and working.

Timer just won't work indoors?!!

Have you turned your gps sensor off? Are you sure your speed sensor is close enough to the magnet? Are you actually registering speed? You will have to turn the sensor in towards the wheel to make it pick up the magnet.

Also you should configure your bryton with a few time based target workouts so that the timer moves irrespective of whether you have speed or not. That's what I did. 1 x 45min and 1 x 60min workouts, and you should be good.

If you have speed and time, you will have distance. My Rider 40 gives me that

i have cadence and time - no speed, no distance

Edited by mooky

Set it up for speed, not cadence. Then it'll be able to register distance as well. Make sure the magnet on the spokes is close enough to the speed sensor.

Disable the GPS.

When ready, press start and start training.

Set it up for speed, not cadence. Then it'll be able to register distance as well. Make sure the magnet on the spokes is close enough to the speed sensor.

Disable the GPS.

When ready, press start and start training.

Why not have Cadence and Speed on the Trainer? I do.

Apologies for hijacking this post. I also recently purchased teh 35T bundle on Groupon. Problem is that both laptops and home PC does not recognise the device. Have downloaded the software onto all the computers

I reckon the device is faulty. Am I doing something wrong, and who do I now contact to send me a replacement?

Apologies for hijacking this post. I also recently purchased teh 35T bundle on Groupon. Problem is that both laptops and home PC does not recognise the device. Have downloaded the software onto all the computers

I reckon the device is faulty. Am I doing something wrong, and who do I now contact to send me a replacement?

You can only manage the device data through www.brytonsport.com. Your laptops will never recognize the device. Bryton Bridge will connect the device to the bryton servers, where you will manage the device from abovementioned website.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by akneethling

Had the same thing with the timer not working but when i downloaded the info I had a time. Which brings me onto my next question.

I actually have the watch but it did not come with speed/cadence sensor - where can i buy this unit or will any ANT+ do? Also when riding outdoors will the unit automatically use the GPS for speed and distance or will it use the sensor.

The software is crap but its getting better - this is for me the only weak point with the product. What OS are your running? As mentioned by akneethling, it runs through your browser. You should use non-IE browser for the product.

Also do a firmware upgrade.