Which shape helmet for my riding?

braailegend

Im currently using one of my old pis-pots, but its getting to hot and my Bell XC helmet just keeps on moving around. Think a full face is just a bit much, so I was looking at this shape of helmets, much like the 661 Recon. Are these helmets a gimmick or do they work proper good? Anyone out there use them or use similar helmets? My riding basicly consist of riding flat areas, pushing hills and nailing single tracks/ sweet sections/ Drops. Not full on DH

http://dialdbikes.co.za/images/detailed/0/2012_RECON_WIRED.jpg

Edited by braailegend

I'm still using a piss-pot, but the options on other styles are endless...

661 Recon

Fox Flux

Bell Sequence / Variant / Super (coming next year)

URGE Enduromatic

Basically whichever takes your fancy...

Try a Fox Flux, you wont look back. It is comfy, light, Looks great and has more protection than a normal XC helmet - The rear section extends down to provide more protection for the back of your scone!!

Try a Fox Flux, you wont look back. It is comfy, light, Looks great and has more protection than a normal XC helmet - The rear section extends down to provide more protection for the back of your scone!!

You're a bit late, Nik - but on the right track! Have a look at his last post!

Cool, looks like I made the right choice! Need that protection at the back!! My hardest crash was where backwheel nicked on a highspeed bunnyhop, and flipped... scraped the whole back of head away... Woke up in Hospital later that night, missing a day.

Got the fox flux today 12:00.. 12:05 I was on the trails to test it. Sweet helmet, didnt move at all and enough holes for some venting!!

post-28006-0-65737500-1348834216_thumb.jpg

I know this post is a bit late....but the 661 Recon Stealth lid is awesome!

Great comfy fit + super ventilation. Removable padding on inside for washing. I ordered the matte white so it's not that hot either (compared to darker colors).

post-5035-0-72127400-1349256209_thumb.jpg