Bike Hijacking this afternoon - Boschkop - Rosemary Hill road

kingalton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he is ok.

He should have let them take his phone.They can be traced as long as they keep the phone on.

Do you want to tell me that anyone would do this? Who is going to trace the phone? By the time he MTN/CellC/Vodacom involved that phone has another sim card and I am yet to meet anyone who has got their phone back.

You have to get a court order before any carrier will even think off tracing it, and it is not accurate.....honesly it ONLY happens in the movies.

Do you want to tell me that anyone would do this? Who is going to trace the phone? By the time he MTN/CellC/Vodacom involved that phone has another sim card and I am yet to meet anyone who has got their phone back.

You have to get a court order before any carrier will even think off tracing it, and it is not accurate.....honesly it ONLY happens in the movies.

We traced a laptop with a datasim the other day, we had someone who knew someone who got someone to get us the tracking.... even with the coords (which we had updated a few times) we couldn't find the thing. The only accurate way of finding a phone is via its gps, as with the iPhone/Android phones, and that's only if the "findmydroid",etc software is functional under whatever circumstances.

No it doesn't

Criminals are caught daily with the use of cell phones.Missing people are found daily with the use of cell phones.It can be done if the police are interested in finding the criminals.

It's pretty accurate......just ask the guys serving 25 years at St Albuns Prison for robbery.

Thanks for the heads up. I've also been riding out there for years, without ever an incident. The time they are a changing, it seems. And not for the better... :-(

That's it, packing the .45 now on my rides. Rode that road on Monday morning at dark o'clock ....

the problem with that is; if they realise the guys are riding with guns, they will shoot before you get off your bike, they wont take the chance of getting shot..

It wont stop the guys, it will make them more eager, they can get bikes, cell phones, guns etc from cyclists...

:eek: SHITE! I did that loop the other day for the first time - lekker for training, but I was also alone, there were however a lot of other cyclists on the road as well - so I felt kinda safe. I wanted to do that loop again this coming weekend but I am not willing to take the risk.

F****ng crime in this country is MAD! One of these days you won't be able to ride anywhere!!

Now there goes another training route... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Edited by FuelEX