Bike Hijacking this afternoon - Boschkop - Rosemary Hill road

kingalton

No it doesn't

Criminals are caught daily with the use of cell phones.Missing people are found daily with the use of cell phones.It can be done if the police are interested in finding the criminals.

It's pretty accurate......just ask the guys serving 25 years at St Albuns Prison for robbery.

I am yet to hear off anyone who got their phone back this way.

Police are not interested as far as I know

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks. I ride alone there frequently and always felt safe. Over weekends there usually are a lot of cyclists on those roads. This could be a good thing but could also mean more targets.

Plans in motion ... if you hear 'noise' when out cycling that area, don't come running :devil: Couple of 'old boys' are in town the following few weeks lol.

Here is a pic guys - tweet it if you can as well please, thanks

I would cry myself to sleep, I feel your pain sweet ride, new rims ontop of it,really sucks

We are just not safe anymore one of these days insurance on our bikes will be the same as our cars with all these f@(:3!5 hijacking us.

Be more acurate. Three black guys jumped out! Why cant we say it like it is.

Because then we racist even if it's the truth, you are then going to be accused of racial stereotyping and and and, but if it's said that it was 3 whites we allowed to assume they were actually white, and it's not racial. Go figure

Hi Guys,

We are also concerned about this incident, and would like to ensure Pretoria East remains a safe haven for MTB’ers! We have thus spoken to the police, to the local community (MZT Community), and the umbrella security body in the area, Conserve Security. A police case has been opened, Rosemary Hill is doing patrols in the surrounding areas, and MZT Community has been put on alert and asked to focus their patrols in the area. Every member of MZT community (there are about 400 member households) in the Mooiplaats, Boschkop, Kleinfontein, Zwavelpoort, Tiegerpoort area has received an sms outlining the incident and the suspects’ vehicle. The entire community would like to nip this in the bud, and so we are going to throw everything we have at it!

Be more acurate. Three black guys jumped out! Why cant we say it like it is.

The thing is, have you heard of ANY stories of cyclists being hijacked by a white person, ever?

Thanks ASG - great to have you guys in our midst - and to also be part of such an awesome community! :clap:

Thanks ASG - is there a number for the local community we can call or SMS incase another incident happens and we need to report it?

Thanks ASG - is there a number for the local community we can call or SMS incase another incident happens and we need to report it?

Hi kingalton

We will find out from Rosemary Hill and revert back asap :thumbup: