Cape Cobra 20Jan08

THE BODY CENTRE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some from the finish.

Ben Hoeber aka zee German. Double win for him, as he also won the crit!

20080120_121549_IMG_0533-1.JPG 

Luthando 4th Michael 5th and James Tennant 6th in his first race as an Elite rider!

20080120_121647_IMG_0539-1.JPG

20080120_121806_IMG_0560-1.JPG

20080120_121829_IMG_0671-1.JPG

This guy was in a lot of pain!

20080120_121853_IMG_0678-1.JPG

Marius!

20080120_122016_IMG_0682-1.JPG

On the podium in today's Elite race: Ben, Lourens, Luthando, Michael and Moolman was doing his cool down ride

20080120_122109_IMG_0731-1.JPG

Juniors: Albertus(middle), and in 2nd Place well done to Andre Solomon and Werner Smit (3rd)

20080120_122253_IMG_0740-1.JPG

What has happened to the other Mr.Price riders in Senior scholars?

Two of them are riding Elite now, one is riding for Harmony Gauteng, one is riding for Harmony Cape Town. And one is riding for House of Paints (Chemspec).

Guest colonel

Ya they did kick some serious ass. Well done to them they seem to have it all together in a bigway.

I would be interested to hear peoples views on the Cape Cobra...here are mine

I thought this had to be the worst organised race that I have seen in my life of riding.

Firstly, the route and distance only announced this last week.  Then we pay more than usual and yet we didnt seem to get more value for money, not even a recognition that we did the race like we normally do.

Then some of the marshalls, actually most (there very few who were good) were more interested in sitting on their asses or talking than directing cyclists.  On the way down from red hill there was one marshall who was doing nothing, just standing and wathing. The group I was in shouted at him "which way" he just looked at us....so some turned left others went straight.  Those that turned left then realised they were going the wrong way.  I have heard of similar stories from other cyclists as well.  On the turn into Black hill, two marshalls were laughing and chatting to each other while we tried to turn onto black hill with cars turning right....it was huge chaos....

Interested to hear other peoples view before I send an email to PPA

I thought this had to be the worst organised race that I have seen in my life of riding.

Firstly' date=' the route and distance only announced this last week.  Then we pay more than usual and yet we didnt seem to get more value for money, not even a recognition that we did the race like we normally do.

Then some of the marshalls, actually most (there very few who were good) were more interested in sitting on their asses or talking than directing cyclists.  On the way down from red hill there was one marshall who was doing nothing, just standing and wathing. The group I was in shouted at him "which way" he just looked at us....so some turned left others went straight.  Those that turned left then realised they were going the wrong way.  I have heard of similar stories from other cyclists as well.  On the turn into Black hill, two marshalls were laughing and chatting to each other while we tried to turn onto black hill with cars turning right....it was huge chaos....

[/quote']

Strange, I had the exact opposite experience (read through some of the earlier posts for other feedback as well.)

Why do you think it was badly organised?  Everything ran like clockwork.  parking, start chutes, barriers, Water points, Coke stand....

Firstly' date=' the route and distance only announced this last week.  Then we pay more than usual and yet we didnt seem to get more value for money, not even a recognition that we did the race like we normally do.

[/quote']

Strange, I had the exact opposite experience (read through some of the earlier posts for other feedback as well.)

Why do you think it was badly organised?  Everything ran like clockwork.  parking, start chutes, barriers, Water points, Coke stand....

I agree the starting etc was well organised....but the marshalling on the race was terrible.  My general feeling was most of the marshalls just were not interested.  I just spoke to a resident in Noordhoek, and she had the same comment.  She thought the marshalls just were not interested.

I did the mtb race and shat myself going up ou kaaps towards silvermine.  At one point the wind was so strong we all got off and walked purely for safety reasons.  One of the guys tried to carry on cycling and got blown into the railing, luckily he wasn't hurt.  As we got round the corner we couldn't see more than 10 metres in front of us, it was pure luck that no one was hit by a car.  Coming down afterwards was fun though! 

As for the race, marshaling wasn't bad, but they could seriously have done with some directional arrows in the beginning section of Silvermine where there were no marshals.  While waiting for my dad to finish, I had a couple of guys ask me where the finish was.

Anyone know where we can get the pics of the mtb race?