[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

Event Name: Cradle Quest 2012

When: 24 November 2012

Where: Van Gaalen's Cheese Farm, Skeerpoort, Hartbeespoor, North West

Category: MTB

The master himself, Eric Skipper, finally hosts his own one day race. With great new sponsors and some new ideas this promises to be a great event!

Some route and race info:

• The 70km Route: This route will be hard as nails! Eric will not hold back with serious climbs, single track, technical down hills, sand, river crossing and one or two other surprises. He gives the route a 9/10 difficulty rating. Also a big challenge for the SS guys, there is a SS category just for you. Route profile and pictures coming soon!
  • The35km Route: This is perfect to introduce someone to mountain biking. The best flowing and fun routes at Van Gaalen will make up the majority of the route! No Serious climbs, lot's of space to pass, super cool water points and some great fun riding! Route profile and pictures coming soon.
  • The 18km Route: Much like the 35km, this isn't a technical route at all. This route caters for primary school kids and the real beginner. Route profile and pictures coming soon.

Other info:

• Online entries will open in the next week on the Cycle Lab Website.
  • All Prize categories will be available on the official website from 6 October.
  • Timed by Great Time.

If you have any questions at this time, please contact me info@trinitycycles.co.za

Join us for this awesome event!

You can also like our page to follow the event.

http://www.facebook.com/TrinityCycles

Go to Event Page

Edited by GrootSeun

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did it last year. I was relatively unfit then so we spent more than 5 and a half hours in the saddle. It was a tough one! We went over every single climb Eric could find.

I'm there again! No doubt!

Just one suggestion; last year the 70 km and 35 km riders started in the same batch. Is it possible to split it this year?

also, a medal would be nice...

Just one suggestion; last year the 70 km and 35 km riders started in the same batch. Is it possible to split it this year?

also, a medal would be nice...

Beer mug would be more handy :ph34r:

How does this compare against the Magalies Monster (last years one)?

Marathon wise its similarly long, hard as well as testing BUT there are some very technical bits / descents. more so than the Monster.

Not for the faint hearted or over-confident (dismount, dismount...)

Edited by kosmonooit

That can come in the goodie bag.

I just want to use it at the Ale house on the way home....you know you gonna drink some fine beer when you see the Irish and Vierkleur flags at the entrance.

The starting times for the different distances will be available within the next week.

There will be groups for all the different distances.

As for the medals...we'll work on that.

I'm also confirming the profiles and routes with Eric in two weeks time. He promised me a new floating bridge for the race...one that floats! :clap:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I did the 70km route with Eric on Thursday and it's really a awesome route! 60% of these trails you will only ride at the Cradle Quest! Lot's of new single track, one super fast downhill, the jeep tracks offer good climbs and lots of space to pass!

The water tables will also be something to look forward to...especially the one on top of the mountain with the cleanest water ever!

And one little stinger at the end...STEEP!w00t.gif

70km Route Profile

35km and 18km route profiles will be up in the next few days.

Edited by GrootSeun

anyone done this race before?

Thinking SS... :eek:

If you do....you hubname is very apt thumbup1.gif

The starting times for the different distances will be available within the next week.

There will be groups for all the different distances.

As for the medals...we'll work on that.

I'm also confirming the profiles and routes with Eric in two weeks time. He promised me a new floating bridge for the race...one that floats! :clap:

Dare to be different. a Beer mug will be awesome or a piece of the magalies mountain in a bloudraad clasp on a piece of rope, write cradle quest in permanent marker on it, job done....doesnt need to look fancy or uniform...just different thumbup1.gif