[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

I am not regretting bailing on this one, I think i was one of the first headed back to my car. Good to meet a few of you, even though briefly.

Buffet breakfast @ chef and the fat man was great! Here's the comparison:

1. Breakfast: No takeaways. CQ: No takeaways (goodie bag).
  2. Breakfast: No medal. CQ: No medal
  3. Breakfast: R60. CQ: R180
  4. Breakfast: Clean, working bike. CQ: derailleurs / brakes / frames to be replaced, once 30kg of mud has been removed.

Was a nice drive out though, and at least I have my race number as a token of the intent.

Thanks to Karma and PieterG for offering to assist, used the time Saturday morning to go through to Linden and get everything sorted properly. Hope Omni Motion has better conditions this weekend.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say the Loo's were 10th grade. I had to warn some lady not to go in there (and not from me I promise) Think about this, there was only a handfull of people at the race. Can you imagine if there was a full house and the sun was shining..... ok hope you guys have already eaten your breakfast long ago before you thought about that.

But the beers were cold at 6:45 thumbup1.gif I don't think the lady behind the counter believed us when we placed the order for beer not coffee.

Have to say the Loo's were 10th grade. I had to warn some lady not to go in there (and not from me I promise) Think about this, there was only a handfull of people at the race. Can you imagine if there was a full house and the sun was shining..... ok hope you guys have already eaten your breakfast long ago before you thought about that.

But the beers were cold at 6:45 thumbup1.gif I don't think the lady behind the counter believed us when we placed the order for beer not coffee.

I can blame the breakfast beer for my decision to ride ph34r.png

• I can blame the breakfast beer for my decision to ride ph34r.png
  • We offered you more beer which would have stopped you.......

So after a good hose-down and some Powasol, my bike is looking good as new. (minus some paint on the inside of the chainstays of course)

post-19617-0-48297000-1353915434_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-29552600-1353915442_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-32026400-1353915447_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-27524000-1353915455_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-30834200-1353915464_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-12164300-1353915473_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-08992200-1353915484_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-92904100-1353915503_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-87597700-1353915527_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-12448300-1353915538_thumb.jpg

post-19617-0-63295700-1353915550_thumb.jpg

Edited by divernick

Can only put my 6h30 minutes to do 70km as time in the saddle - wont be back, poor toilets, no bottle opener (medal), only one pi%% willy hose pipe to wash off - thanks for the bottle of water at the end - a cold frosty would have been nicer cursing.gif

Hey Nick I see SS was the correct bike to use. How much brake pads were left?

I have at least 80% brakes left. Shimano have lekker rotor-pad clearance.....

Front pads - 0%

Rear pads - still some left but not much

Damn so my organic pads would have been rosted in the first 10 meters. Beer WAS the better choice (as long as you didn't need the loo)

Damn so my organic pads would have been rosted in the first 10 meters. Beer WAS the better choice (as long as you didn't need the loo)

I'm using organic/resin pads. I was worried about them, I won't lie. After the bike wash I was surprised and pleased that there was almost no visible pad wear.....Shimano FTW!

so wear and tear on brake pads is generally attributed to the manufacturer, and not to the rider / riding style? not that im trying to say divernick brakes less than jcza or anything.

so wear and tear on brake pads is generally attributed to the manufacturer, and not to the rider / riding style? not that im trying to say divernick brakes less than jcza or anything.

I'm not sure, pieterg also with XT's had nothing left after 35km. Personally I would choose shimano over avids.

No, avid pads don't wear down quicker than shimano...they are all much of a muchness. Conditions and pad type(metal or resin) are the no 1 factors in pad life, the mud and rain we had at VG were extreme and def took some life off brake pads

I would have been minus tyres today if I attempted to ride...and it wouldnt have been due to the trail - but my 'new' dad huh.png

In the end, I am glad I also went for the Wimpy option so now I am sure I will be right to do the 24h smile.png