[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

One fall. I heard someone rode into her after she crashed. Could not avoid her. Lucky i was getting dropped on the SS so was far behind the accident

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One fall. I heard someone rode into her after she crashed. Could not avoid her. Lucky i was getting dropped on the SS so was far behind the accident

why am I not surprised.

myself and SeanN also had a real chop shouting for track - but like he owned the place, he was seriously endangering the rest of the riders on that piece of single track switchback down the mountain.

He was not a pro riding for podium, if he was, he was way behind.

I have absolutely no problem moving over for faster riders, but there are ways and there are ways of doing it. You sir, did it wrong.

EDIT: I am not stating the accident with Theresa was as a result of a similar chop.

Edited by Karma

I was just behind the bunch when it happened, sure it was a touch of wheels. 7 or 8 went down doing around 40km/h, dust, bodies & bikes everywhere. Bad luck for Theresa Ralph. She also had bad luck at Berg & Bush although that could have been sorted if she carried a tube.

Was that the crash right in the beginning?

Yes just before the right turn onto the road next to N4

My wife and I were also just a bit back of that crash. We now stay out of those tight starts as she broke her collarbone at the beginning of the year at a USN race. Unless you're gonna be winning it, it's just not worth it to get in that situation.

I feel sorry for Teresa. At least it's the end of the season.

My wife and I were also just a bit back of that crash. We now stay out of those tight starts as she broke her collarbone at the beginning of the year at a USN race. Unless you're gonna be winning it, it's just not worth it to get in that situation.

I feel sorry for Teresa. At least it's the end of the season.

Same here, no need to get involved so early on.

My time was 20min faster than VG, so I'm happy with that.

This race was tougher on the SS due to the very flat beginning and middle sections.

Why put in climbs that nobody could dream of riding? Nonsensical to me....

Overall I enjoyed the race, but it was a bit too dirt-road-race for me a lot of the time. The nice rocky descents were awesome though!

My time was 20min faster than VG, so I'm happy with that.

This race was tougher on the SS due to the very flat beginning and middle sections.

Why put in climbs that nobody could dream of riding? Nonsensical to me....

Overall I enjoyed the race, but it was a bit too dirt-road-race for me a lot of the time. The nice rocky descents were awesome though!

Same here, 20 minutes better than VG but I did go easier. Didn't want a repeat of VG.

Same here, 20 minutes better than VG but I did go easier. Didn't want a repeat of VG.

What time did you do? I managed to limp home in 4hrs.

I did the 70km and without doubt it is the toughest ride I have ever done. Do the hot-shot guys actually cycle to the top of those hills? It was utterly insane.

They do (or at least the top three did). Impressive!

4:04 at Hakahana

****!! - you were breathing down my neck! We could have seen each other out on the course. What kit were you in? I was in red ABSA kit.

Great 40km Race on Saturday!

My boy did the 10km on his UNICYCLE. If you've taken any photos of him, will you kindly contact me?

Ta

****!! - you were breathing down my neck! We could have seen each other out on the course. What kit were you in? I was in red ABSA kit.

I was in Quebeka kit - sure I saw you!