The solution to (drunk) motorists killing other road users? Opinions/Suggestions:

Bennie Dikwiel

No fine!! I re-read that part of the thread (slowly this time) so saw what you were aiming at. Just couldn't get with the Leon Programme...

Cool

Edited by jules 26er

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the tjop had a reckless driving charge against him at the age of 16. His father paid and admission of guilt fine.Source EP Herald.

I see that the tjop had a reckless driving charge against him at the age of 16. His father paid and admission of guilt fine.Source EP Herald.

Oh, a repeat offender? Even more reason bail should have been denied.

Mentioned after they pulled him off the road, and after he tried to flee on foot. He sat down next to the wheel of the car and when told he was being stopped for what happened in Kragga Kamma road, said "Is he dead?".

Just read your blog Rens. Goes above my understanding how people can defend someone like that. The fight started on Facebook a few days ago already. Funny though, most of the people defending him have him listed under their Friends. Give him a second chance they say, he's young they say. Ok cool, but only if Clem can have a second chance. Oh wait, that's not possibly anymore is it. Just love the article in the Herald. His lawyer clearly tutored him nicely with what to say to the press:

1) Say you are very sorry

2) Offer to apologize to the family

3) Claim you don't remember anything ("Victim" move No.1)

4) Say you are going for phycological help ("Victim" move No.2)

5) News paper mentions bullcrap on how he was a prefect at school. Um, if you could spell your name you were made a prefect at school.

Haai shame, don't we all just feel sorry for the poor guy now.

F*ck that. Pappa wag, and he's going in dry.

@29er4life..........he has also been on the Herald facebook page attacking everyone there as well, according to him, everyone that is disgusted with the actions of Mr Gouws are "losers"

the poor kid is very confused!

Mentioned after they pulled him off the road, and after he tried to flee on foot. He sat down next to the wheel of the car and when told he was being stopped for what happened in Kragga Kamma road, said "Is he dead?".

3) Claim you don't remember anything ("Victim" move No.1)

If what you say can be corroborated, he has no chance of point three working.

If what you say can be corroborated, he has no chance of point three working.

Die Burger paper from a few days ago has a quote where he asked if the cyclist was dead (Is hy dood?). Then in yesterday's Herald he was quoted as saying "he had very little recollection of crashing into a cyclist". In the same article... "...Gouws claimed to remember very little about the accident and the highspeed chase that followed." Also: "Gouws said he remembered very little about that morning and just remembers stopping somewhere on his way to his mother's house."

Die Burger paper from a few days ago has a quote where he asked if the cyclist was dead (Is hy dood?). Then in yesterday's Herald he was quoted as saying "he had very little recollection of crashing into a cyclist". In the same article... "...Gouws claimed to remember very little about the accident and the highspeed chase that followed." Also: "Gouws said he remembered very little about that morning and just remembers stopping somewhere on his way to his mother's house."

ma hy het fkn goed genoeg geweet om weg te jaag? en geweet hy is oppad na sy ma se huis toe?

hy het gekies wat hy wil onthou

So he's lying. How convenient.

Gouwsie won't remember much after jail, but will wonder why he needs to use kitchen towel instead of toilet paper :blink: