Silverback Frame Replacement - 2013 Model

StefanB

So does this mean the vida 1 will be avilable as from the end of this month? I was at my LBS and they told me that the vidas will only be available as from mid-end December :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Bang for buck theres nothing that comes close to the silverback, also looked at the titan 29er PRO which should be here by the 20th of this month

What to do, What to do :excl:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, frame replacement only!

I am not sure about the alloy compositions.

I am also going to get a loan frame (2013 VIDA 3) while waiting for the 2013 VIDA 1 to arrive.

Interesting why they can supply me with a VIDA 3 now! VIDA 1 stock only arrives next month.

Hope They can sort out the adapter for the tapered Frame.

EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM CYCLE FACTORY!

Hi Stefan,

We have actually thought past the point of adaptors and we have made these Replacement 2013 frame to the Customers with a non Tapered Head Tube. The Replacement Frames Loaded yesterday in a Container for ZA. I can assure you it is going to be worth it Taking the 2013 frame.

So does this mean the vida 1 will be avilable as from the end of this month? I was at my LBS and they told me that the vidas will only be available as from mid-end December :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Bang for buck theres nothing that comes close to the silverback, also looked at the titan 29er PRO which should be here by the 20th of this month

What to do, What to do :excl:

Hi There,

The Frames for the Customers for Warranty and some extra frames which we will be selling with 2012 Vida 1 build kit will be available from about 20th of Next month.

i had the same thing happen to me twice.

1st the vida 2 2012 frame cracked at the seat tube then the frame got replaced with a vida 1 2012. now the 2012 vida 1 frame cracked at the chain stay. the said that they will replace the frame with a vida 1 2013.

All i can say is that i am very impressed with the service from Gecko cycles arranging it all ,they even organized me a loan frame till the 2013 frame arrives at the end of October.

Silverback guarantees work.

Hi 426,

I'm sorry for the Bad Luck you experienced with 2 Frames now. This is why I do not want to Offer you another 2012 replacement. I do thank you for your support and also Fred and the Guys @ Geco Cycles taking such good care of you. I'm Willing to put my Life on the Line in saying that the 2013 frame will not fail on you. If you want, Please phone our Silverback Office and Speak to me. 021 386 7777. I am aware of your case and I'm Driving to get replacement sorted ASAP.

As I stated in a other post earlier, The Replacement 2013 frames Loaded Yesterday for ZA. I expect them here any time from the 15th onward. I hope and Pray for the winds to subside in the Cape Town port as this is Delaying Cargo at this Stage. We already Delayed by 2 weeks due to winds.

You can't realistically expect them to carry stock of every model ever made in every size surely? Sounds like the current equivalent model is being offered so not much option on your side... The value of a bike really isn't in the frame so I wouldn't worry about the price reducing in the new model (unless you are paying for the paintwork as on the bigger brands) - that would be related to the spec and not the frame. Your resale is always going to be better on a 2013 model than a 2012 equivalent with the same spec.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 426,

I'm sorry for the Bad Luck you experienced with 2 Frames now. This is why I do not want to Offer you another 2012 replacement. I do thank you for your support and also Fred and the Guys @ Geco Cycles taking such good care of you. I'm Willing to put my Life on the Line in saying that the 2013 frame will not fail on you. If you want, Please phone our Silverback Office and Speak to me. 021 386 7777. I am aware of your case and I'm Driving to get replacement sorted ASAP.

As I stated in a other post earlier, The Replacement 2013 frames Loaded Yesterday for ZA. I expect them here any time from the 15th onward. I hope and Pray for the winds to subside in the Cape Town port as this is Delaying Cargo at this Stage. We already Delayed by 2 weeks due to winds.

do you have date for the frames.??

This just goes to show the level of Silverback service. Johan has taken the trouble to respond to everybody on this thread regarding Silverback. I have yet to see another manufacturer's representative respond to their customers on the Hub.

It is this kind of service that attracts customers. Perhaps other manufacturers/importers can learn from this

silverbacks office is around the corner form my new office, so i'll wait to see if they invite me for a coffee and a peak around the bikes :)

thanks guys biggrin.png

sounds like they're doing a great PR job there.......

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2013 Frame today and it looks great!! just hope that it is not heaver then my 2012 Vida 1 Frame.

The bike looks great with that white frame

Silverback is the best, never had I received such world class service.

• 1 month later...

Eina. What happened?

Was busy climbing on a gravel road and the righthand arm broke completly through at the back just behind the front chainring

Gave my bike in at Tool-UP Cycles & Maintenace in Centurion this morning, spoke to Johan Olivier from Silverback in Cape Town regarding my broken frame. New frame is already on its way from Cape Town to Pretoria.

Gentleman thank you for Grade A service, service is amazing from the Shop and from Silverback SA so far. Great work gentleman...