GoPro Hero 3 Announced!

Action Cameras

precisely.

post-18409-0-49638500-1354187701_thumb.jpg

Here is my 5 grand...ship it whenever you like.

Dont think so.

Hi Ulitmate,

There is no Official date if the Hero 3 Black Edition in South Africa yet. We waiting for GoPro South Africa to confirm. We've been told to expect them in the middle of December. Our pre-orders for the first batch arriving in country have already been fully sold out. If you order now you be placed on the list for second batch to arrive in SA.

The Silver Edition is currently on the market at the moment. We've already sent out all of our Hero 3 Silver pre-orders. So customers who placed orders have already received stock.

The white Edition will be available soon its just going through the ICASA approval. Unfortunately again we waiting for GoPro South Africa to confirm dates.

Please click here if you would like to order your Hero 3 Black Edition. You also welcome to phone us on 011 781 1323 or email sales@actioncameras.co.za.

Thanks

I would like some confirmed info.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really making a comment on whether or not the costs are reasonable or not. I just get irritated when the basis for price comparison is flawed and doesn't include all factors.

The average person who does not travel often or have friends who travel often and will have to bring things in through conventional channels, including shippin, SARS VAT etc.

The true basis for comparison should be the total price that a person has to pay to get an item into their home, from whatever source, using legal means available to the population in general (e.g. post, courier etc.).

I'm not really making a comment on whether or not the costs are reasonable or not. I just get irritated when the basis for price comparison is flawed and doesn't include all factors.

The average person who does not travel often or have friends who travel often and will have to bring things in through conventional channels, including shippin, SARS VAT etc.

The true basis for comparison should be the total price that a person has to pay to get an item into their home, from whatever source, using legal means available to the population in general (e.g. post, courier etc.).

I was referring to my personal circumstances and where I was going to spend my money. I expressed a premium that I would pay to have local back up. And that premium was too high, so I will use alternatives.

Don't worry. Just bought a gopro 2.

I also have a 2 - had it for a while now and its great, but I was looking at the 3 silver edition this morning in the dive format. Seems like there's only a small extra cost for the 3.

The silver 3 edition is available nearly everywhere, no shortage of stock, Cape Union Mart here had dozens, and even my local dive shop who is a small seller of Go Pro had 12 in stock.

The Black edition looks good but as far as I can see its mainly really just the remote ability that differentiates it from the silver and an extra mega pixel, both of which are not important to me.

Going down to Aliwal over the long weekend so I think I may grab one.

hmmmm

so does anyone know the newest update on stock? went past my local Cape Union Mart, they still expected to get them this week, place a order.

They running a promotion, throwing in a 16GB Micro SDD.

G

hmmmm

so does anyone know the newest update on stock? went past my local Cape Union Mart, they still expected to get them this week, place a order.

They running a promotion, throwing in a 16GB Micro SDD.

G

Thats for the Black Edition, No.? I was told this week as well.

.............but the Silver Edition is everywhere, Cape Union Mart in fourways has dozens.

ye, silver is every where.

but looking/wanting he black. placed my name down for a unit at the local Cape Union Market.

G

Thats for the Black Edition, No.? I was told this week as well.

.............but the Silver Edition is everywhere, Cape Union Mart in fourways has dozens.

mostly the high FPS, 240fps

and the higher resolution.

and like to always get the top of the line tech when spending this kind of money.

if you look at the cost of the remote, R1400 on top of a silver... makes sense to simply go black.

why would you suggest i don't

G

Does anyone have a stock update on the Black, when are they expected in country, in shops

have ICASA cleared the Black.

G

Does anyone have a stock update on the Black, when are they expected in country, in shops

have ICASA cleared the Black.

G

Black Editions are in the country!!! They still need to go through the clearing process etc, so will start hitting stores next week.

awesome,

thanks for the update.

curious, how many was imported. would be interesting to see how quickly they clear the shelves.

G

Black Editions are in the country!!! They still need to go through the clearing process etc, so will start hitting stores next week.

My wife bought me a Hero 3 silver and it is currently wrapped under the Christmas tree! she left the slip lying around and the box shape is a giveaway, Christmas eve cant come quick enough, im going to have to practice my surprised face!

hehehe

you mean you gonna have to practice your stay patient skills.

G

My wife bought me a Hero 3 silver and it is currently wrapped under the Christmas tree! she left the slip lying around and the box shape is a giveaway, Christmas eve cant come quick enough, im going to have to practice my surprised face!

why would you suggest i don't

The only reason would be the cost I guess.

I hadnt had a good look at them, but thanks to you I see the frame rates are double on the black, and thats a big win thumbup1.gif