The MTN OFM Classic

Agteros

Will have a look closer to the day, but the plan is still to drive through on Saturday, sleep over, do race, get off bike into car, and come straight back. After the 'somewhat of a' wind over the weekend at Bela-Bela might as well go do this one!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather looks OK. Very little chance rain (and Bloem is not known for morning showers).... moderate temps but windy. This is however a "highway" race so snuggle up in the bunch. Just be carefull if there is crosswinds.......... When getting tired dont go to farinto the road to get that wheel as it is still the N1!!!!!

Also watch out when those 36 wheelers come past in the wind it can chance a few people's "lines" quite easily.

All in all just be responsible and concentrate..........

What I want to know is when is the lucky draw for those 2 Merida bikes?

The weather looks OK. Very little chance rain (and Bloem is not known for morning showers).... moderate temps but windy. This is however a "highway" race so snuggle up in the bunch. Just be carefull if there is crosswinds.......... When getting tired dont go to farinto the road to get that wheel as it is still the N1!!!!!

Also watch out when those 36 wheelers come past in the wind it can chance a few people's "lines" quite easily.

All in all just be responsible and concentrate..........

What I want to know is when is the lucky draw for those 2 Merida bikes?

A friend of mine (He is on the Hub ) won it last year , the lucky draw is after the race at the prizegiving ceremony.

When do we get our seeding? At registration... Need to make peace with either "killing myself" or riding tempo

When do we get our seeding? At registration... Need to make peace with either "killing myself" or riding tempo

I am sure it will be out today, last year also only got it one or two days before the time.

Nice race this one you will enjoy the quality of roads and the organisation.

It will be my first time doing the OFM. I'm also going to do both MTB and road. Not sure if my fitness is what it should be, but my strategy is to take the MTB VERY easy on Saturday and save myself for Sunday.

Looking forward to it clap.gif

EDIT: Just got my seeding. Seeing that I'm a first-time, I'll start at 07h25

Edited by P.A.K.

H

Got my Seeding starting at 06:25 . Hope I can drag my body over the hills to be finished before the wind blows to much. Weather looks to be good for cycling on Sunday.

H

Got my Seeding starting at 06:25 . Hope I can drag my body over the hills to be finished before the wind blows to much. Weather looks to be good for cycling on Sunday.

Are you in group H starting 6:25?Does somebody know where I can challenge my seeding?Starting at 7:00 and don't think sub 3:00 is on in that group....

H

Did you get the seeding via email? Nothing yet here thumbdown.gif

Did you get the seeding via email? Nothing yet here thumbdown.gif

Sms, sending them out in batches so you will receive it shortly

Sms, sending them out in batches so you will receive it shortly

Ah that explains it- no cellphones allowed at work :)

It will be my first time doing the OFM. I'm also going to do both MTB and road. Not sure if my fitness is what it should be, but my strategy is to take the MTB VERY easy on Saturday and save myself for Sunday.

7:25 for the MTB?

7:25 for the MTB?