bike rack

Louwieza

Hi I'm looking to purchase a bike rack for my xtrail , I've got a normal towbar on it .I'm looking to spend between R500 & R700 pls can someone help me.

You drive an XTrail

You bikes are most likely worth more than R500 each.

Get something good especially if you plan on taking the bikes on the highways or on holiday.

You drive an XTrail

You bikes are most likely worth more than R500 each.

Get something good especially if you plan on taking the bikes on the highways or on holiday.

What, like a Thule?

Load of crap. I've had 2 bikes fall off Thule hang-ons

What, like a Thule?

and HOW did that happen??

Surely not Thule's fault?

Get a Buzzrack. Bit more expensive but works like a bomb! Preferably get a stand on rack - much safer.

What, like a Thule?

Notice how I didn't mention a brand?

I've never had a bike fall off a Thule hanging rack or any other rack for that matter. I used a Thule Clipon for close to 10 years - usually carrying 3 trail bikes. The only reason I stopped was because we were rear ended. I now prefer the roof mounted racks.

Hi, I have a Holdfast 2-bike carrier with towbar fittings for R700, if interested.

cool where do you stay

Hi, I have a Holdfast 2-bike carrier with towbar fittings for R700, if interested.

I mean what area can I meet you cause I want to purchase it

What, like a Thule?

Interesting to see... I have had 2 thule's No issues whatsoever. That includes driving with it loaded with 2 bikes at 170kph... The manual states no faster than 120...

But oh yeah, nobody reads manuals.

i went through this a while back - and was looking at the thule ride on vs the thule hang on vs the Raleight ride on and the cheapskate in me went for the raleigh ride on @ 2k - Bought some better straps for it and have been lank happy

i went through this a while back - and was looking at the thule ride on vs the thule hang on vs the Raleight ride on and the cheapskate in me went for the raleigh ride on @ 2k - Bought some better straps for it and have been lank happy

Where can I find pictures of that Raleigh. I would like to see what it looks like.

Where can I find pictures of that Raleigh. I would like to see what it looks like.

not sure.......will try take a pic sometime