Dropout prices

slabs

Just had to buy a spare dropout for my MTB. Now I know the price of metals has gone up, but over R200 for something that fits into a match box???? Heard that some even go over R300. An internet search verified this £19+

Anyone else find this a ripoff?

I bought for a Scott Spark (80), Ghost Lector (120) & for my road bike Specialized (~170).

I asked Cajees where i bought the bike from for a Scott RD and they wanted R300 for it, i went past Morningside and picked it up for R80. Guess it's about shopping?

That is the feeling I get. But these are one of those parts that vary from frame to frame even for same make. Difficult to source at best of times.

Making it did cross my mind - business opportunity there! Sell them for R100 each as most people use it as backup in stage races.

I bought for a Scott Spark (80), Ghost Lector (120) & for my road bike Specialized (~170).

I asked Cajees where i bought the bike from for a Scott RD and they wanted R300 for it, i went past Morningside and picked it up for R80. Guess it's about shopping?

R152 for a Ghost 5700 and about R250 for a GT Avalanche (both at the LBS)

http://derailleurhanger.com/index.htm