I love this stripper......

MuddyMike

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MuddyMike.

Tempted to strip the Fuji down to the raw finish.

Its simple. apply it when you get home, go have a beer and wash it off the next morning. It takes about 10 hours to strip. its slow but so effective.

is it nitro stripper?

Nope, thats stuff really dangerous. it contains Metylene Chloride, which is really bad for you and the environment.

Nope, thats stuff really dangerous. it contains Metylene Chloride, which is really bad for you and the environment.

I know, it's real bad and I heard they branded it under some other name

I know, it's real bad and I heard they branded it under some other name

yeah, its banned in the EU. Google Methlyne Chloride to see how bad that stuff is and its freely available in SA....

Thanks MuddyMike.

Tempted to strip the Fuji down to the raw finish.

Let me know when you want to take on the Fuji and I will get you some product. Who says you dont get something for nothing every now and then? w00t.gif

Any hubbers out there planning to strip a frame soon? 1st 4 hubbers to post of pic of the frame they want to strip will get 1L of this stripper free courtesy of Plascon.

Used Remove all on my 08 fuji outland,must say best paint job iv'e seen on a frame.

Had 5 layers of paint,last layer was like tin & entire frame cross-hatch sanded so last layer was tough.

RemoveAll took about 5 coats on that frame,2 just to get through the clearcoat.

Also did a GT & merida which the entire job took 1 coat.

Gets welds done easy & eco friendly is a must,still try to get all paint onto newspaper,not down the drain thumbup1.gif

Any hubbers out there planning to strip a frame soon? 1st 4 hubbers to post of pic of the frame they want to strip will get 1L of this stripper free courtesy of Plascon.

I'm going to strip my scott scale 70 this weekend but my computer wont allow me to upload a pic... Can I email it to you?

It looks so good I think I'm going to do my Giant Alias as well

Edited by Single Track

I'm going to strip my scott scale 70 this weekend but my computer wont allow me to upload a pic... Can I email it to you?

It looks so good I think I'm going to do my Giant Alias as well

No problem. Send me your number and I will get you 2L for your 2 bikes. Where you situated?

Edited by MuddyMike

Used Remove all on my 08 fuji outland,must say best paint job iv'e seen on a frame.

Had 5 layers of paint,last layer was like tin & entire frame cross-hatch sanded so last layer was tough.

RemoveAll took about 5 coats on that frame,2 just to get through the clearcoat.

Also did a GT & merida which the entire job took 1 coat.

Gets welds done easy & eco friendly is a must,still try to get all paint onto newspaper,not down the drain thumbup1.gif

There are always variables as per the type of coating and the number of coats, but I am yet to find a coating RemovALL doesn't get off. Most times its just one layer and a few touch ups.

Yes, but the only difference is that you must not leave it on longer than nessescary. So I wouldn't leave it on overnight. It depends on the resin technology used in the frame. It's definitely way safer than std type strippers.