2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

Thanks - yeah im confortable getting to Stellies but not that part - will double check the map as well .

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am new to this thread, but would I be able to join on Sunday? Will also bring a friend to join in.

Hi, I am new to this thread, but would I be able to join on Sunday? Will also bring a friend to join in.

You are more than welcome.

Thank you. I will be there, looking forward to it. I know where the garage is. Do we meet there at the parking lot, or somewhere else?

Thank you. I will be there, looking forward to it. I know where the garage is. Do we meet there at the parking lot, or somewhere else?

Parking lot. Park in the bottom section closest to the road.

Catgirl - join us on the mtb! Somebody did so last time...

JGR - I'll explain from the N1, if you go to Stellies another way, this is sortof in vain. N1 North to Paarl, take R44 turn-off (Klapmuts/Paarl) and turn right once off the turn-off - when you reach the road propper. I think the signs will say Stellenbosch to the the right, anyways. Pass through the city of Klapmuts - straight over the 4-stop (they're starting to put up robots) and over train-bridge. Then just continue straight, with whatever kinks the roads make. If you rode previous Burgers, this road will be familiar to you... if not, look at the rollers, you'll see them a bit later in the day again!

When you enter Stellenbosch, you'll get to a robot where you can only turn right, continue straight and at the next robot you can turn left. And the straight for a while untill you get to a robot (I thiiink it's the first one?!) where you'll see a garage (and a small Spar shopping center, incl Spar on the opposite corner on the right-hand side - that's the starting garage! Turn right, left again at the next one and you're in the parking area.

I also think there may have been a map added much earlier in the tread somewhere...

Anybody that want to add detail, please feel free! Hey, just remebered - there will be some instructions to get to the start of the ride on the site itself as well, that will get you a block from the garage, you'll very likely ride past and recognise it.

nee boet yall gan my ammal wegry!

i wanna go mtb this weekend cos i did not last weekend but thanks :)

see yall on race day!

nee boet yall gan my ammal wegry!

i wanna go mtb this weekend cos i did not last weekend but thanks smile.png

see yall on race day!

Deserter. Gedink ek gaan jou nou uiteindelik ontmoet.

Ok. Where the post boxes are placed or nearer to the garage?

Does not really matter. You'll see the rest of us there.

Deserter. Gedink ek gaan jou nou uiteindelik ontmoet.

ha ha ha me mountain biker jong! in turn i deserted the trials and it are calling! LOL

ha ha ha me mountain biker jong! in turn i deserted the trials and it are calling! LOL

Sal jou verskoning die keer aanvaar. whistling.gif

Catgirl - join us on the mtb! Somebody did so last time...

JGR - I'll explain from the N1, if you go to Stellies another way, this is sortof in vain. N1 North to Paarl, take R44 turn-off (Klapmuts/Paarl) and turn right once off the turn-off - when you reach the road propper. I think the signs will say Stellenbosch to the the right, anyways. Pass through the city of Klapmuts - straight over the 4-stop (they're starting to put up robots) and over train-bridge. Then just continue straight, with whatever kinks the roads make. If you rode previous Burgers, this road will be familiar to you... if not, look at the rollers, you'll see them a bit later in the day again!

When you enter Stellenbosch, you'll get to a robot where you can only turn right, continue straight and at the next robot you can turn left. And the straight for a while untill you get to a robot (I thiiink it's the first one?!) where you'll see a garage (and a small Spar shopping center, incl Spar on the opposite corner on the right-hand side - that's the starting garage! Turn right, left again at the next one and you're in the parking area.

I also think there may have been a map added much earlier in the tread somewhere...

Anybody that want to add detail, please feel free! Hey, just remebered - there will be some instructions to get to the start of the ride on the site itself as well, that will get you a block from the garage, you'll very likely ride past and recognise it.

That somebody was me.

Think catgirl was afraid I'd pitch up there with my puppy! Enjoy the trails, we'll catch you next week.