UCI announces top 15 teams for 2013 WorldTour

jcza

How are these teams ranked?

Is it because of previous season wins/standings?

There's a points system which gets carried over into the new season.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked the way europcar raced last season. Would love to see them back in one or two of the monuments.

+1

Is Rolland still with Europcar? He always seems to back himself for a GC stage win or 2.

Saxo-Tinkoff could fail to secure a WorldTour licence for 2013 because the points Contador received for winning the Vuelta a Espana this year do not count towards the team's licence. Riis has signed numerous new riders with as many points as possible to help his bid but five teams are vying for the final three WorldTour licences, with Saxo-Tinkoff and Argos-Shimano said to be battling for one of the final spots.

The UCI has said it will announce its final decision on December 10.

From cyclingnews

• 2 weeks later...

Happy for the SA boytjie!

What would happen to Katusha now? What their sponsership go ahead even though the team does not have pro tour stutus?

Happy for the SA boytjie!

What would happen to Katusha now? What their sponsership go ahead even though the team does not have pro tour stutus?

I would be interested to know why their application was rejected, was it based on points or financial obligations or some other issue. Katusha had some seriously good riders, Rodriguez been only one of them. I will be very upset if they are relegated down and dont manage to secure wild card entries to the grand tours or if the sponsor pulls the plug.

I would be interested to know why their application was rejected, was it based on points or financial obligations or some other issue. Katusha had some seriously good riders, Rodriguez been only one of them. I will be very upset if they are relegated down and dont manage to secure wild card entries to the grand tours or if the sponsor pulls the plug.

How did FDJ get in?! They are the lowest team in the rankings and Katusha 2nd!

http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTYwNzk&LangId=1

UCI politics.

Who really 'gets' the point system?

Tch!

Katusha is Russian-based.

Wonderful different flavour in the PRO peloton.

And, of course, lost some firepower with Freire retiring.

Pint-sized Rodriquez have really brought some spark back after the aging Menchov is clearly moving into the background.

Very cool for van Rensburg in the Argos set-up.

What a dream for the young man. Awesome.