Quick fix for blisters....

Jigghead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okee dokee, being thehub I'm assuming this is a blister prevention for cycling?? Which isn't really such a biggie since your feet don't move around nearly as much as for hiking/running.

This guy is basically the sheldon brown of athletic footcare, sensitive viewers might be a bit squeamish over some of the stories.

break a leg

http://fixingyourfeet.com/blog/category/blister-care/

+1. Works wonders...you need the old skin over the raw bit to reduce discomfort, but the blister needs to drain and be disinfected at the same time.

Like so:

post-36036-0-77640200-1351596912_thumb.jpg

Those tootsies look a bit soft.

The secret is not to get them in the first place.

When ever you get a chance walk barefoot esp at the beach or in rivers or sand.

Gets rid of callouses and toughens up the feet.Not sure how one would get blisters cycling unless you are pushing a lot.Then you need different shoes

If hiking or running you need to create a sliding surface other than your skin.Cut off pantyhose against the skin and then your socks works a treat

Gets rid of callouses and toughens up the feet.Not sure how one would get blisters cycling unless you are pushing a lot.Then you need different shoes

If hiking or running you need to create a sliding surface other than your skin.Cut off pantyhose against the skin and then your socks works a treat

Pantyhose worx but you need to liberate it off the lady herself.

Listening to the Methiolate cure with a syringe brought back a lot of memories. Never was a bokkop but the Joburg Higlanders was with our gun battery in Angola and the piper lamented specially for them each evening on the bagpipes. O ja the bagpipes also kept the Angolans away from our camp as they thought the noise belonged to an evil spirit!!!!!!

Hehe - I suppose it would be too late to add that those were my girlfriend's battered tootsies...

Done the pantyhose trick a few times, works well!

I'm actually running the Soweto Marathon on Sunday and picked up a few blisters on Sunday gone bye with my last longish training run.

Edited by Jigghead

Pantyhose worx but you need to liberate it off the lady herself.

Listening to the Methiolate cure with a syringe brought back a lot of memories. Never was a bokkop but the Joburg Higlanders was with our gun battery in Angola and the piper lamented specially for them each evening on the bagpipes. O ja the bagpipes also kept the Angolans away from our camp as they thought the noise belonged to an evil spirit!!!!!!

A Fraser myself..........

A Fraser myself..........

A born expat??????

....... or born an expat??????

Edited by eccentric1

A born expat??????

....... or born an expat??????

He....

My mothers side.Go back to the Lovetts...you know Mountbatton and the Commandos and all that

We are De Wets from Oudtshoorn tho'

Anyway moving back to RSA so I will have to change my location....which is a pity cause it annoys you :-)

I'm actually running the Soweto Marathon on Sunday and picked up a few blisters on Sunday gone bye with my last longish training run.

That is not going to be fun... Good luck.

He....

My mothers side.Go back to the Lovetts...you know Mountbatton and the Commandos and all that

We are De Wets from Oudtshoorn tho'

Anyway moving back to RSA so I will have to change my location....which is a pity cause it annoys you :-)

Nah not really just lekka to dish out, I may become expat again with the high R/US$ exchange rate, My current contract expires in March 2013. No new construction contracts has been signed yet.

Mountbatten was German not Brit. He was Battenburg and change his surname due to anti German sentiments.in WW1. And Prince Phil was Prince Phillip of Greece and Denmark. He also adopted his surname from his Mothers family to Mountbatten. He actually descends from the the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg lineage.

Edited by eccentric1

Nah not really just lekka to dish out, I may become expat again with the high R/US$ exchange rate, My current contract expires in March 2013. No new construction contracts has been signed yet.

Mountbatten was German not Brit. He was Battenburg and change his surname due to anti German sentiments.in WW1. And Prince Phil was Prince Phillip of Greece and Denmark. He also adopted his surname from his Mothers family to Mountbatten. He actually descends from the the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg lineage.

I can see why he changed his surname, seems that wouldn't have fitted on a credit card or even a passport.

Its all depends on how brave you feeling?

A trick I learn in the days of conscription was to use a hypodermic needle to suck out the "plasma" and then to pump in some clean methylated spirits, it burns a bit but the underlying tissue is hardened by the meths so when the blister cap comes off the skin underneath is not sensitive.

understatement of the year!!!

but it does work...