Quick fix for blisters....

Jigghead

I have developed a blister on each of my feet that I need to have repaired by Saturday. Any ideas on how to get them to the point where they're dry and painless in 4 days?

Edited by Jigghead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try salting them? :P

On a serious note, try some apple cider vinegar, I know it works (yes, it does sting) or some diaper cream... it will dry the blister out nicely. Then from there on make sure they don't chafe, else they won't heal as quick.

Its all depends on how brave you feeling?

A trick I learn in the days of conscription was to use a hypodermic needle to suck out the "plasma" and then to pump in some clean methylated spirits, it burns a bit but the underlying tissue is hardened by the meths so when the blister cap comes off the skin underneath is not sensitive.

Merthiolate spray. We used to use it for rowing, it burns like hell and dries everything quickly.

Yip its going to burn but it will dry it out very quickly

Its all depends on how brave you feeling?

A trick I learn in the days of conscription was to use a hypodermic needle to suck out the "plasma" and then to pump in some clean methylated spirits, it burns a bit but the underlying tissue is hardened by the meths so when the blister cap comes off the skin underneath is not sensitive.

Also did this on five day walks in the Drakensberg....blister would be dry by the morning, and not cause any discomfort at all. I normally got blisters on the first or second day of the walks. You should be sorted by saturday for sure.

Just be prepared for some 20 second of serious burn, but that is it. Nothing after that thumbup1.gif

Pop it, get so methiolate inside it somehow and then thread some cotton through to keep it open a bit so you have the old skin there but it doesn't get infected underneath... Keep putting methiolate in. Last time I couldn't get any so mechurochrome (The red stuff) or spirits works just as well.

I use the same method, just with Friar's balsam. Burns the living héll out of anything - and then it's over and done with. Blisters are too scared to appear on the same place ever again.

I got the fix, given to me by ultra distance runners. Friars balsam. Hurts like a mother's love though.

Pop the blister with a needle to and let it drain. Then take a syringe full of Friars, stick the needle under the skin and apply. It basically sticks the skin back on.

Keep tissues handy.

I got the fix, given to me by ultra distance runners. Friars balsam. Hurts like a mother's love though.

Pop the blister with a needle to and let it drain. Then take a syringe full of Friars, stick the needle under the skin and apply. It basically sticks the skin back on.

Keep tissues handy.

I think keep toilet paper ready cause u are gonna **** urself

Keep tissues handy.

I cried just reading that!

Merthiolate spray. We used to use it for rowing, it burns like hell and dries everything quickly.

+1 , to add cut a small hole in the top of the blister squeese the liquid out . spray Merthiolate in and cover with plaster . it will burn like a mother f***** .

it will also dryout fast and you dont want the skin to now come off and you have this fresh new skin showing as this will hurt more in the first 20min of the next event .

So keep it covered and keep the old skin on for as long as you can .

Pop it, get so methiolate inside it somehow and then thread some cotton through to keep it open a bit so you have the old skin there but it doesn't get infected underneath... Keep putting methiolate in. Last time I couldn't get any so mechurochrome (The red stuff) or spirits works just as well.

+1. Works wonders...you need the old skin over the raw bit to reduce discomfort, but the blister needs to drain and be disinfected at the same time.

Like so:

post-36036-0-77640200-1351596912_thumb.jpg

Keeping a piece of cotton thread that run throught the blister really helps alot, because it prevents the blister from swelling up again and it dries out really quikly.

Like above!

Edited by JA-Q001