Coronation DC - holes in the road

PeterM

My cycling mate Reinhardt emailed us saying that: DC “holes in the road” on the R60, Ashton to Swellendam road closed.

I checked the DC website and they said that there are aware of the problem.

And than Reinhardt sent us some pics.

post-3456-0-45515700-1351682992_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ppa would just throw a carpet over the hole and hope for the best.

I say a couple of planks might be a better option.

The ppa would just throw a carpet over the hole and hope for the best.

I say a couple of planks might be a better option.

Dusi style portage required on this stretch!!!!!!

No man! There is plenty of space to squeeze through in single file on the left....

No man! There is plenty of space to squeeze through in single file on the left....

What happens when your team mates suffer from vertigo. That's a decent drop there! Who knows what crazy they pull in front of you...

The only hole in the road I know of is the one between Ashton and the Drew turnoff, which doesn't affect the race route, but does affect how you get there.

If you are coming from the N1, when going through Robertson, head towards Bonnievale and follow the race route to Swellendam.

photoshop

Don’t think so – last night I chatted to another cyclist who is training for the Epic and he rode on that R60 road a few days ago. He described it as I see it on the photo. So there are two unrelated confirmations (DC website, Epic cyclist) of the pic.

Edited by PeterM

If you hold your line, you can pass unscathed there on the L by the railing thingie...

Holding your line has never meant this much...

The only hole in the road I know of is the one between Ashton and the Drew turnoff, which doesn't affect the race route, but does affect how you get there.

If you are coming from the N1, when going through Robertson, head towards Bonnievale and follow the race route to Swellendam.

Do you mean its on the left hand half of the R60 then?

That's good news!

post-615-0-25561500-1351684819_thumb.jpg