Carbon Transport

Drusky

Hi guys, saw this today in Port Elizabeth. Have seen it before, can track it down again. Spoke to the rider. Friendly young Zimbabwean guy. I explained to him that I thought he had a very nice bicycle. He said that his brother had bought it for him. While I was picking it up and "weighing it" I got the code off the bottom. It is an eight character code. If you think it is yours you can PM me your code and I will let you know if you are the winner rightful owner.

post-39311-0-61983200-1351695498_thumb.jpg

Those bikes are from early 90's, sold for less than 5 grand. Carbon tubes with aluminium lugs. It's actually a Giant, Cadex was the model.

"Saw a black man in a Mercedes Benz today. It was a 1978 model, but in good condition, almost certain it was stolen, also because the driver had a Congolese accent".

Half the guys picking our bins on bin day have bikes like this.

"Saw a black man in a Mercedes Benz today. It was a 1978 model, but in good condition, almost certain it was stolen, also because the driver had a Congolese accent".

I get what you are saying.Maybe he works for a cyclist that gave him his old bicycle.It has a cycling computer on it and I can assure you that the recent owner did not fit this for himself.

I would say legit - but then looking at the photo, the bike still has spd cleats. (makes me wonder a little)

Boy perhaps I am over sensitive today but that feels like a kick in the teeth to me. A 1978 Mercedes Benz in good condition with low mileage can be had for about R30K to R50K, considering South Africa's employment equity it is quite feasible that a black man could own one. Nationality is irrelevant.

I didn't realize that the bicycle was such a worthless machine. It's good to hear that the garbage crew in Cape Town have such nice wheels. The cleats and prostrate friendly seat made me look twice. For the record I didn't harrass the guy or make him feel like a criminal.

If I had lost my bicycle, as has happened to a quite few cyclists in PE, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to get it back. I would confirm the frame number with that ignorant, racist prick Drusky and then offer the friendly Zimbabwean guy a reward for the machine.

If I have made some kind of forum etiquette blunder please feel free to make me aware of it using direct language.

Boy perhaps I am over sensitive today but that feels like a kick in the teeth to me. A 1978 Mercedes Benz in good condition with low mileage can be had for about R30K to R50K, considering South Africa's employment equity it is quite feasible that a black man could own one. Nationality is irrelevant.

I didn't realize that the bicycle was such a worthless machine. It's good to hear that the garbage crew in Cape Town have such nice wheels. The cleats and prostrate friendly seat made me look twice. For the record I didn't harrass the guy or make him feel like a criminal.

If I had lost my bicycle, as has happened to a quite few cyclists in PE, I would be delighted to have the opportunity to get it back. I would confirm the frame number with that ignorant, racist prick Drusky and then offer the friendly Zimbabwean guy a reward for the machine.

If I have made some kind of forum etiquette blunder please feel free to make me aware of it using direct language.

Don't stress too much. You did good, asked a valid question and did not make any wild accusations. (I.M.O.)

There is a couple of guys around here that is going through life carrying a huge chunk of wood on their shoulders.

Should the bike be stolen and as a result of your actions be recovered, good on ya. If it was not stolen / not claimed / not proven stolen, no harm done.

I'll admit that I am suspicious of all highly pigmented individuals, on a bike that you can SEE does not fit the person/clothing, etc. Or on a bike that you can see was given a coat of black paint with a brush.