Silverback bike size uniformity?

Delilah

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is considering adding a duallie to the stable. Currently riding a medium 2012 Silverback Storm, 1.72m tall, wants to pre-order a Silverback Sprada 1. Now the problem with a pre-order is that you can't try the bike out first. One would think that if a person rides a medium 29er hardtail, a 29er duallie of the same brand would also be the right size. BUT, I had a look at the Silverback website and it would seem that the Sprada is bigger - am I mistaken? And what would you guys advise: small or medium?

post-32658-0-86120600-1351756152_thumb.jpg

post-32658-0-15758100-1351756167_thumb.jpg

The geometries appear quite different as does the basis for measurement. (eg top tube)

Difficult to draw conclusions with this info.

Medium with a shorter stem. But a ride will be the only way to know for sure

There is no substitute for a test-ride, for sure. If only Silverback would get it together and release them already!

The geometries appear quite different as does the basis for measurement. (eg top tube)

Difficult to draw conclusions with this info.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds their info confusing. It appears as though they didn't even measure the two the same way (Sprada top tube measured as horizontal). There seems to be mistakes in the charts too: how on earth can the Storm have a BB height of 55mm??? huh.png

Would it kill them to add stand-over height?!

The longer seat tube of the dualy should be offset by the suspension sag, and the longer top tube should also be offset by the slacker head tube angle as well as the steeper seat tube angle. Some fine tuning with a different stem length might be required as The Crow said.