Huge thanks to the guys from Subaru Pietermaritzburg and Thule.

Ratty

These guys deserve a rave!

We travelled to the Berg and Bush on Monday from Cape Town. When we arrived at DBN airport, both bike boxes looked like they had been through a washing machine. My bike luckily was ok, but my dad's box had completely fallen apart with holes in it. We got to registration only to find a piece missing from the rear wheels axel.

I went to change my entry from team to solo for day 1 and Mark from Subaru Pietermaritzberg overheard this. He said that my dad couldn't miss day 1 and went and organised a bike for my dad to ride. Gerald de Kock was also kind enough to arrange a bike.

Arrive at the start the next day and find that its not just a cheap bike, it was a lovely Merida full suspension with tubeless tires and the works. We couldn't believe that someone would lend a complete stranger such a great bike for 3 days.

We were now down 2 boxes and not looking forward to flying home with our bikes in cardboard boxes again. As luck would have it, we met William from Thule and he offered to organise us Thule hard cases. He arranged for them to be delivered to an easy pick up point on our way back to the airport and we flew home with our bikes safe and sound. He trusted us to take the boxes and only pay for them once back in Cape Town.

My faith in human kind has been restored. There really are some good people out there.

oh yes, and now where is the ride report ?

There is a very short ride report on the Berg & Bush thread :-) Its the best 3 days of mtbing I've ever done.