Bib V Shorts - cycling

WhuYu

Only use bibs in winter, otherwise it's only shorts with inners for me, i.e Cannondale & Indula,

Then again, being on a MTB i still prefer my wife to shave her legs and not mine.............???

Used to ride with shorts, but now only use bibs. Find them more comfortable. Why? Not sure.. Maybe peer pressure? Using Anatomic (club + other) kit

Also have some tripants, and have ridden up to 70km in them, also comfortable... Love my 2XUs

Good fit, and well made are the two most important points (my opinion), so do not compare cheap pants to expensive bibs...

Same here, originally started with baggies wich is all good and well and has its benefits....extra pockets, walk around without bulging parts but found that they tend to chafe on longer rides notwithstanding chamy cream. bibs on the other hand are light, cover your lower back against sunburn and once you get used to them are more comfortable. end of the day comes down to choice once you have experimented with both drool.gif

After you have told him to wear bibs, let him ride his first 3-4hr race in blazing heat with his top lifting a little (unless he wears a baggy flappy shirt). That small piece of exposed skin between your shorts and shirt gets burnt to a crisp and he will beg for bibs.

When I started riding eons ago we wore shorts. Bibs were so hard to come by and expensive. After awhile we actually used braces to hold shorts up as the elastic wore out.

Good day Peeps,

Trying to convince a colleague that a bib is much better than shorts for cycling - but cannot actually think of many actual reasons.........I'v always just used bibs................

Please help with some compelling reasons as to why cycling bib is better to use for cycling than cycling shorts..........look forward to your comments..........

Reasons:

1. Your lower back and bum remains covered, a good thing in winter or for the rider in your slipstream.

2. No need to adjust the family jewels, they stay secure

3. No risk that your shorts will get stuck behind the saddle

4. Reduces risk of chafing

That said, I do like the baggies, never had problems with Indola. Nothing gives me greater pleasure that going past a well dressed roadie, wearing my baggies and riding in the gravel on his left.