Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

http://www.cape-epic...g_David_George/

I this whole article really necessary ? Should every event organiser now issue a whole story on the matter of one rider failing a doping test. I personally find the article a bit stupid...or rather amateurish.

Why not short and to the point...

"The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) today announced that top cyclist and Absa Cape Epic contender, David George, has tested positive for the banned drug, EPO (Erythropoietin) and will face a charge of doping at an independent tribunal. David George was part of Team 360Life team who competed at the 2010, 2011 and 2012 edition of the ABSA Cape Epic with the best result of finishing runners up in 2012. Founder blablablabla expressed his disappointment with the finding and the resulting negative implications for the sport of cycling. The Cape Epic is in consultation with its lawyers to consider possible further actions. "

Edited by Mellow

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be great but I see a problem with lifetime bans - check what happened with British dopers that successfully appealled their lifetime Olympic bans in the Court of Arbitration. They ended up competing again.

Didnt do Dwayne Chambers any good, once he got to compete. & the reputational damage in the process is huge.

His Twitter feeds stopped as soon as the news was released

Uh, okay...

He'll have to make a statement to the public in due course.

Didnt do Dwayne Chambers any good, once he got to compete. & the reputational damage in the process is huge.

He still competed as much as we hate it. His reputation was already in tatters. Look at the pro peleton and the numbers of riders with past offences. Does anyone care about their reputation?

The "disease" seems to be linked to sponsor names starting with N - Neotel, Nedbank ...............blink.png

Nike

IMO, Evans and Knox should partner up for the Epic, they would be serious contenders and both seem to be nice guys.

Don't underestimate the europeans! Personally I think the experience of Sauser and youth of Stander is the perfect combination.

Isn't there some almost familial connection between the sponsor and David? I heard his ex-fiancee's father set it up. Could be wrong. Also heard that he and his missus are expecting a child soon.

What old DG did is like white collar crime in the workplace. Perhaps it should be referred to as "bib short crime"? I hope for his family's sake he is either a trust fund kid, has a rich wife or has a nest egg stashed somewhere in a tax haven. I can't imagine his family can survive on his previous winnings, sponsorships and Nedbank retainer.