Tokai Plantation - 24th November - Downhill Race

daneger

Guest Omega Man

only if you had to follow me down

Apparently the Shredder is doing it approx 2m50. But I reckon Snor-boy can do it a lot faster.

Who is the shredder?

BTW. To anyone reading this it's not the full track. It's from the start of the track to the quarry. The rest of the track will add 45-60 seconds. I'm guessing here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I will take a stab and say it's Gary.. he has been shredding on his Sakuma..

Are we building this weekend? I heard the distinct sound of a diesel bakkie making it's way down yesterday arvo while i was on my way up the fairy garden at about 5. Was that you in the new company car? Wanna come for a little burn tomorrow? 5 to 7.30 followed by an important meeting at society?

Sounds really important, maybe I should go.. Can only do 5:30 on Thursdays, that means I'll catch up at the quarry, right?

No was not me, back in the Subie while bakkie is serviced... See the DH flora has been trimmed off the trail? Did the collarbone kid fall prepping for the race?

Oh right, yes build on. Early, 9am to 3pm.

Are we building this weekend? I heard the distinct sound of a diesel bakkie making it's way down yesterday arvo while i was on my way up the fairy garden at about 5. Was that you in the new company car? Wanna come for a little burn tomorrow? 5 to 7.30 followed by an important meeting at society?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Who is the shredder?

BTW. To anyone reading this it's not the full track. It's from the start of the track to the quarry. The rest of the track will add 45-60 seconds. I'm guessing here.

Kerwin "shred" lefevre

Guest Omega Man

Sounds really important, maybe I should go.. Can only do 5:30 on Thursdays, that means I'll catch up at the quarry, right?

No was not me, back in the Subie while bakkie is serviced... See the DH flora has been trimmed off the trail? Did the collarbone kid fall prepping for the race?

Oh right, yes build on. Early, 9am to 3pm.

Ha. Dude I'm getting fitter. Ok. Less pathetic let's put it that way.

Ja noticed that the all my braking was coming from me and not the bushes.

No the guy that hurt himself is an xc guy. He reckons he had a small fall. nothing major. Strong dude. he asked if we think he can pop it back in himself. Hahaha. His dad came to pick him up and they went off to constantiaberg. Tough oke for sure.

Speaking of stupid tough. Riki was up there riding with his broken shoulder yesterday. He didn't hit the dh trail but he hung with me just fine on the snakeys for the most part. There's deff some wiring that's not lekker inside his head.

I'll put the word out on the build.

Edited by Omega Man

Body armour!?

Haha, come to think of it, the backplate on a Dainese suit does look the part! The problem is pros these days only wear knee pads, they're too hardcore for anything else, so if Shredder's sporting that, he's clearly not fast enough.

Good question..

hey Daneger, your flyer is missing some vital info. Can you post some details on the opening post..?

Edited by Pain or Shine

Guest Omega Man

I went for a ride on my XC bike this morning. Rode down from the road gap to the quarry. I have to say the track builders have done a great job with that track. Hehe. It's a great track to get you feeling good about your riding. To me it's very reminiscent of the Les Gets Main line (Hi praise indeed). Nothing massive not super challenging but loads of fun and everything built with the idea of maintaining speed and flow. Which I might add has been my mission for that track all along.

Except of course Les Gets is 3 times longer and has a ski lift.

The whole track is ride able on a 6 inch bike save for the road gap and massive sender at the bottom. So please XC guys. come hit up the race on the 24th.

Edited by Omega Man

@OM ..Bad news, the clutch has been pulled. Waiting for an eta.

&^$%!

See you this avi, 5ish.. recovering from a cold, go easy on me.

Guest Omega Man

@OM ..Bad news, the clutch has been pulled. Waiting for an eta.

&^$%!

See you this avi, 5ish.. recovering from a cold, go easy on me.

You should ask for your money back. Oh. Hahaha.

Erm. Damn. Can't we make a plan with a trailer or something? We really really need to finish off that track this weekend. It's gonna rain tomorrow night so it will be the perfect opportunity on Saturday to get loads of work done.

Also. I don't know about you but I ain't looking to have any more build days till Feb.

I don't know if i'm gonna make a ride. I rode this morning with Vince and my legs are feeling a tad pap. If I do it will be a super duper mega trundle. Richard is keen for a ride. He got some good news yesterday. no surgery. So he'll be up there looking for a new spot to crash no doubt.

hey, you got a bakkie! Problem solved.

I'll have the boys with me on Saturday. We'll need to form work groups and split up..

I will be busy during Dec.. agree no volunteer days. Feb is cool, give the guys an earned break..

Ja, and oupa is not going to be satisfied till he is broke good 'n proper!