Tokai Plantation - 24th November - Downhill Race

daneger

Guest Omega Man

The jump has to go, it will be an event feature only.

Can't we make the jump more user friendly and keep it?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandra has agreed to look at the options. I can only think it'll not be as big in terms of size and gap. It's placement is primary issue, second is the appearance, third is use.. the percentage of users thing.

I was thinking table closer to the landing, not as hight to not conflict with the temp jump built for events..

Guest Omega Man

Sandra has agreed to look at the options. I can only think it'll not be as big in terms of size and gap. It's placement is primary issue, second is the appearance, third is use.. the percentage of users thing.

I was thinking table closer to the landing, not as hight to not conflict with the temp jump built for events..

We need to make use of the landing and it's safe in it's current form. I.e. It's safer to case it that over jump it. I suggest filling in the gap that slopes towards the landing.

If we move the lip closer guys are gonna start overjumping it and then you'll see some real injuries.

Just my 2c

you mean vs very few people doing the jump at all?

Tough one; long gap = few riders, vs short table = more injuries?

I was keen to build a table there originally but with all the slope fall away around the jump, 5/6 tons of soil was only enough to shape it into a pump!

I'd say the gap/table needs to be the same distance as the longest gap currently on the trail. Remember that guys are tired when they get there, a smaller gap should mean they don't have to crank the last section for all they have left.. add to this a launch that is not as steep, it would become more of a ski jump than a gap.

Comments? I'll post the news on the Facebook group too for comment.

We just got to understand that we need to find some compromise.. I am open to the best suggestion.

Guest Omega Man

you mean vs very few people doing the jump at all?

Tough one; long gap = few riders, vs short table = more injuries?

I was keen to build a table there originally but with all the slope fall away around the jump, 5/6 tons of soil was only enough to shape it into a pump!

I'd say the gap/table needs to be the same distance as the longest gap currently on the trail. Remember that guys are tired when they get there, a smaller gap should mean they don't have to crank the last section for all they have left.. add to this a launch that is not as steep, it would become more of a ski jump than a gap.

Comments? I'll post the news on the Facebook group too for comment.

We just got to understand that we need to find some compromise.. I am open to the best suggestion.

Ja for sure. I was surprised at how few people actually hit it at the race. I thought i was the only chicken.

We MUST make use of that beautiful landing whatever we do. That thing is just stunning.

Parks understood that.. it's construction has made the landing a permanent feature, just the takeoff needs thought.

Guest Omega Man

Parks understood that.. it's construction has made the landing a permanent feature, just the takeoff needs thought.

Lovely.

Guys on another note, I was seriously irritated yesterday just after 6pm, we making our way up that hill next to vasbyt and some clown came what I think was flying pass us in his electric department bakkie. The Reason I say flying is because the amount of dust left behind was a nice long trail and took about 30 seconds or more to clear, I literally had to stop just for the dust to clear. I understand that there could have been an emergency, I have encountered a number of vehicles in tokai and they all would slow down pass cyclist etc, and then pick up speed a good few meters away from us.