MTB Training plans

Hi

Is there any one that could assist in getting a good MTB training programe or a coach that one could work with on a training programe and not costing you a arm and a leg?

Thanks

Morne

• 2 weeks later...

im aso just looking for a basic long term training plan, taking into account i can only do 4 rides a week. Tues/Wed 2-3hrs night rides and sat long and sun 2-3hrs. what kind of intensity ect should i do on these rides to maximse my training?

There was a good Polar training spreadsheet doing the rounds a few years back. HRM based. PM me your email address and I'll send it. (hope I still have it)

Hi

Is there any one that could assist in getting a good MTB training programe or a coach that one could work with on a training programe and not costing you a arm and a leg?

Thanks

Morne

I'm very happy with a plan Pierre Nel from Active Lifestyle Coaching developed for me. He is on the forum else search on FB for Xcosa.co.za ( the name of the club)

Will mail the rest in the morning. Anyone know where one could place these excel files for people to download? A dropbox of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Search heart rate training in google then go the the cape epic training program links. Really good info and free pdf training plans.

• 3 years later...

Thanks, but I was looking for the one that had swimming and running as well.

Will try Peter.

Thanks!

Don't think I have ever seen that one - I am not a fan of HR based training for cycling - power based works a lot better - and I no longer dare to look at the HR it leads to... :)

Don't think I have ever seen that one - I am not a fan of HR based training for cycling - power based works a lot better - and I no longer dare to look at the HR it leads to... :)

Agreed, I use power for cycling. But for run and swim, it's the next best thing.