KIA SA Rankings

jcza

Basically the SA Seeding page in a funky format?

Useless... whistling.gif

Especially if

1. races are advertised as SAS friendly or what not, and then the results are never taken up into the seeding calculations

2. seeding calcs are difficult to simulate as published formulae are patently wrong/incomplete.

3. races are categorised incorrectly as road to keep them out of the calculations

It kinda killed MTB events for me :(

Bit annoying this. Although the initiative is fine, I assume SASeeding and now SARanking are asking race organisers for a fee for them 'To get onboard'.

Of the 15 MTB races I did this year, only 8 are listed as races used (this excludes Karkloof, Honda mtn trophy, Berg n Bush, and other larger events). It also seems that some events listed last year, have fallen off this years list (did they not pay the Get onboard fee?)

How can this be accurate? When finishing events in the top 150, somehow you need a SASeeding index below 30 to make it into the top 1000 riders on SARanking. clearly this does not make sense, even when finishing a MTN Nissan National XCM or Nissan Trailseeker marathon in the top 150, regularily.

SASeeding also have between 2 or 3 entries per person, with old info or missing races, and incorrect indexs. Will this ever be updated and corrected. A thankless task for SASeeding's staff compliment of 1.

ho hum... road seeding index works a little better imo.

Bit annoying this. Although the initiative is fine, I assume SASeeding and now SARanking are asking race organisers for a fee for them 'To get onboard'.

Of the 15 MTB races I did this year, only 8 are listed as races used (this excludes Karkloof, Honda mtn trophy, Berg n Bush, and other larger events). It also seems that some events listed last year, have fallen off this years list (did they not pay the Get onboard fee?)

How can this be accurate? When finishing events in the top 150, somehow you need a SASeeding index below 30 to make it into the top 1000 riders on SARanking. clearly this does not make sense, even when finishing a MTN Nissan National XCM or Nissan Trailseeker marathon in the top 150, regularily.

SASeeding also have between 2 or 3 entries per person, with old info or missing races, and incorrect indexs. Will this ever be updated and corrected. A thankless task for SASeeding's staff compliment of 1.

ho hum... road seeding index works a little better imo.

CSA are in the process of providing a seeding and ranking index that will be made available to all events as part of their service which would include all events countrywide...problem is they had a sponsor that they lost (and appeared somewhere else)...so they are looking for a new one

There are about 2 events in the Western Cape timed by SASeeding vs 100's in KZN & Gauteng. I would think a "SA" ranking should be a bit more representative (unless we can safely asume WC riders are all crap whistling.gif )