Riding the spruit

G00SE

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse any repetitions in this thread, i was too lazy to read the whole thing. From what I've heard, the northern section of spruit isn't safe, but I've ridden from the blairgowrie point (corner conrad / Jan Smuts) through to greenside without issues in the week afternoon and weekend mornings, there's a lot of people around, but I would be back before 6 / 6:30 if possible.

Make sure to find that big rock on the way back and drop off it :D my mates directed me down there on my first ride a few months ago, and I sh** myself, but now its almost routine :P

excuse any repetitions in this thread, i was too lazy to read the whole thing. From what I've heard, the northern section of spruit isn't safe, but I've ridden from the blairgowrie point (corner conrad / Jan Smuts) through to greenside without issues in the week afternoon and weekend mornings, there's a lot of people around, but I would be back before 6 / 6:30 if possible.

Make sure to find that big rock on the way back and drop off it biggrin.png my mates directed me down there on my first ride a few months ago, and I sh** myself, but now its almost routine tongue.png

It all depends.

We usually go in groups, and were vigilant.

Yep, that rock is sweet, try it at night, even better.

Yep, that rock is sweet, try it at night, even better.

That rock had me a bit nervous last night, cant see how steep it is till your going down.

Once on it though ist pretty sweet thumbup1.gif

That rock had me a bit nervous last night, cant see how steep it is till your going down.

Once on it though ist pretty sweet thumbup1.gif

I almost bailed on my first few tries, last night was my first night descent.

which rock?

Wasn't part of the section you rode.

Will show you next time.

I almost bailed on my first few tries, last night was my first night descent.

anyone actually know someone that bailed on this rock? it might look intimidating at first but it is really really easy IMO. must be the 29er ph34r.png

I can't ride tonight guys. I have a sick girl at home and I'm trying to stuff as much maths knowledge into an already stuffed head.

which rock?

Coming back from Rustenburg/1st Ave/Barry Hedgehog crossing - about half way between there and the bottom of Delta there is a rock that is probably 3.5m high with a 45 degree slope.

It used to be more difficult until someone cut the bushes back about 8 years ago. Then it was scary because you weren't able to pick your line and I was a novice......