not your everyday weight loss problem HELP

DIPSLICK

A Blood type, you should not be eating much meat according to eating to your blood type, maybe change your diet.

My biggest problme is if I cut down too much I wake up at 1am having a hypoglycaemic attack, end up wide awake and feeling light headed and nauseaous, won't go away till I eat some carbo. Fun times.

So to me just starving yourself doesn't do the trick.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Blood type, you should not be eating much meat according to eating to your blood type, maybe change your diet.

My biggest problme is if I cut down too much I wake up at 1am having a hypoglycaemic attack, end up wide awake and feeling light headed and nauseaous, won't go away till I eat some carbo. Fun times.

So to me just starving yourself doesn't do the trick.

ja this dieting is very weird, i got guys working for me who, at ten buy loaf of bread, russians, chips and two lt coke, lunch dagwoods, burgers, and then at five they throw back a case of beers and start all over again the next day , no problem,

my one guy is like maybe 70kg, and they all the same........come to think of it maybe i work them too hard

whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif devil.gif devil.gifdevil.gif

Bwahahahaha. and then you're not working enough ;). More manual labour needed :P

Lots of fruit and veggies.

Do you like meat and crave it?

I must admit, I don't know much about the eat for your blood group diet but my friend does and she's A+. She doesn't really like meat much so the diet suits her perfectly.

Bwahahahaha. and then you're not working enough wink.png. More manual labour needed tongue.png

Lots of fruit and veggies.

Do you like meat and crave it?

I must admit, I don't know much about the eat for your blood group diet but my friend does and she's A+. She doesn't really like meat much so the diet suits her perfectly.

i used to like meat back when i was eating and drinking wildly, but i really dont do meat at all anymore, the most red meat i do is maybe once a week pasta and lean mince, crave it ??not at all. my "cheat" is sushi once a week that i crave. all i eat now is chicken,fish sushi, boring as can be,,,

def not enough manual labour too much hubwhistling.gif whistling.gif

Just wondering

What is the longest ride you do?

8 hours a week isn't that much.

When I was racing I used to do 3 hours saturday and sunday as a standard but then when I got the time or free reign I would go and do a double lapper and suikerbos which was so awesome. get a good friend and now and then go do a good 4-6 hour ride (LSD) just having fun.

Maybe stop being such a stickler on the diet, change things around a bit.

Sounds like your body is used to what your doing and sounds like the frustration is actually making it worse. Find some fun with your food and your training.

ww, how do you manage your diet with the yuppie flu thingy ?

reading some of the blogs posted on this thread they all seem to throw away the idea of drinking fruit juice?? Wheelsuck got me onto drinking fruit juice as an alternative to energy drinks, but from a weight loss perspective (and the so called low carb diet) I am kinda deurmekaar !

ww, how do you manage your diet with the yuppie flu thingy ?

reading some of the blogs posted on this thread they all seem to throw away the idea of drinking fruit juice?? Wheelsuck got me onto drinking fruit juice as an alternative to energy drinks, but from a weight loss perspective (and the so called low carb diet) I am kinda deurmekaar !

one thing all the dieticians have in common that i have been to is stay away from juice

my wife works for drs and not one of them will take antibiotics when they sick(unless they are dying) they all sit there with

berry juice and orange juice when they sick!!!

try the following to mix it up:

mon am - cycle to work

mon pm - cycle home

tues am - cycle to work

tues pm - run home

wed am - run to work

wed pm - cycle home

thurs am - cycle to work

thurs pm - run home

fri am - run to work

fri pm - cycle home

If that doesn't cause weight loss then I'll be amazed.

Manage diet...bwahahaha. When I hit those lows I eat waaayyy too much high sugary foods.

My actual meals themselves are not too bad I think. I have fruit salad and fat free yoghurt for breakfast. A woolies low fat lunch and then like I said, lots of casseroles as I can put lots of veggies in them and hubby will eat it. But I really am not the healthiest person on the planet to be honest. Dipslick certainly eats better than me. I find a bit of a cheat around 11am with a biscuit or 2 is the norm and sometimes something around 3 but that normally doesn't happen with a 2 year old around.

My riding has been minimised hugely since my daughters birth (can't believe we're 2 years down the line already). I've given up on the early morning rides as I was always exhausted and try get one or two exercise days in during the week arvies and saturday mornings I'm building back to a 2-3 hour ride. Sundays nothing anymore as we do church in the mornings now.

I try keep an active lifestyle though, taking dogs for walks etc.

Only just really crawled out of my depression now and working on losing a few kgs. My aim is only eat when hungry otherwise say no to the bad stuff that other people just offer. Otherwise keep it low fat, try low GI and overall healthy. Starting to slowly build up on the exercise again which has been quite an effort, everytime I started I just got sick but now the slow slow buildup is working and I'm feeling more energetic as the days go by. Biggest thing I've learnt is to not train too hard, keep the HR lower and rather go for longer, those High hard pushes push me over the edge. And get lots of sleep, I try sleep 9 hours a night.

Just saw this article. Not sure if it's nonsense or perhaps worth considering, but there definitely are a lot more toxins in our modern lifestyle than there used to be back in the day.

Oh, I live on rooibos tea and water and one cup of coffee allowed a day and my chocolate milk after exercise as a little treat, fat free milk with a little nesquick. My angel enjoys that as well :)

No fruit juice, no gassie coldrinks, just water and rooibos mainly.

Manage diet...bwahahaha. When I hit those lows I eat waaayyy too much high sugary foods.

My actual meals themselves are not too bad I think. I have fruit salad and fat free yoghurt for breakfast. A woolies low fat lunch and then like I said, lots of casseroles as I can put lots of veggies in them and hubby will eat it. But I really am not the healthiest person on the planet to be honest. Dipslick certainly eats better than me. I find a bit of a cheat around 11am with a biscuit or 2 is the norm and sometimes something around 3 but that normally doesn't happen with a 2 year old around.

My riding has been minimised hugely since my daughters birth (can't believe we're 2 years down the line already). I've given up on the early morning rides as I was always exhausted and try get one or two exercise days in during the week arvies and saturday mornings I'm building back to a 2-3 hour ride. Sundays nothing anymore as we do church in the mornings now.

I try keep an active lifestyle though, taking dogs for walks etc.

Only just really crawled out of my depression now and working on losing a few kgs. My aim is only eat when hungry otherwise say no to the bad stuff that other people just offer. Otherwise keep it low fat, try low GI and overall healthy. Starting to slowly build up on the exercise again which has been quite an effort, everytime I started I just got sick but now the slow slow buildup is working and I'm feeling more energetic as the days go by. Biggest thing I've learnt is to not train too hard, keep the HR lower and rather go for longer, those High hard pushes push me over the edge. And get lots of sleep, I try sleep 9 hours a night.

Congrats on the recovery, WW. Can't have been easy - a mate of mine had the same thing 3 years ago and has only just started training at higher intensities again. Had to give up a fully sponsored ride offered by a couple of teams because of it...

And tell me about it re riding time suffering!!!

Congrats on the recovery, WW. Can't have been easy - a mate of mine had the same thing 3 years ago and has only just started training at higher intensities again. Had to give up a fully sponsored ride offered by a couple of teams because of it...

And tell me about it re riding time suffering!!!

The problem with this thing is it gets into your brain and you start believing you'll have a bad day even before the day starts so then of course you do. To be honest only God helped me get to where I am now.

One day I'll be racing in the ladies vets again if I feel the will :)

For now my little angel is more important and more the focus but I do need exercise and riding to keep me sane.

Just wondering

What is the longest ride you do?

8 hours a week isn't that much.

When I was racing I used to do 3 hours saturday and sunday as a standard but then when I got the time or free reign I would go and do a double lapper and suikerbos which was so awesome. get a good friend and now and then go do a good 4-6 hour ride (LSD) just having fun.

Maybe stop being such a stickler on the diet, change things around a bit.

Sounds like your body is used to what your doing and sounds like the frustration is actually making it worse. Find some fun with your food and your training.

i think i did not explain myself correctly

i ride to work and back every day 12 in 12km out . i dont consider that training

then i ride as my coach tells me during the week between 1 and 2 hours a day(different zones) taking off mondays/rest

then saturday and sunday i do between 3 and 4 or five hour rides around van gaalens