Double century

chucky

I have to admit that it was one of the best DC,s as far as organization is concerned. I initially thought the lack of back up vehicle would be an issue but think it worked out brilliantly . The food stop just after Op de Tradouw was well set out as well as the Ashton stop, the team numbers identifying where the vans were etc.

Altogether I feel it went off really well besides the bloody wind!

After the events leading up to the event, road closures and protester's I feel the organizers managed to stage a brilliant event.

Well done to all involved

I will second this - I have not done the Dc for about 4 years due to how bad I felt after that's completely dehydrated and just not in a good way! This year even with the bad wind and rain - it actually was quite fun. I really thinking know that you had 30min to recover at 110km was a huge benefit to all the teams!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Team work in deed. Would love to know what ABSA paid to have Robbie and Daryl in the team. You got any +- figure Climate?

did daryl ride? i thort i saw that green edge kit alongside robbbie when they passd us

any pics of him?

I have to admit that it was one of the best DC,s as far as organization is concerned. I initially thought the lack of back up vehicle would be an issue but think it worked out brilliantly . The food stop just after Op de Tradouw was well set out as well as the Ashton stop, the team numbers identifying where the vans were etc.

Altogether I feel it went off really well besides the bloody wind!

After the events leading up to the event, road closures and protester's I feel the organizers managed to stage a brilliant event.

Well done to all involved

i agree with way the event was organised...also well done on making the detour track ride-able even tho it was wet!

really well done guys! not too mention the awesome views... and some hail stones whistling.gif

1st DC and il def be back next year!

Edited by babse

Darrel and Robbie were the car next to us at the lunch break. Darrel was in his tdf team orica kit.

By contract, PROs have to wear their team kit.

Pity I didn't see him or Froome Dog.

:-/

did daryl ride? i thort i saw that green edge kit alongside robbbie when they passd us

any pics of him?

post-7550-0-56926400-1353873578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Capcha Photography

By contract, PROs have to wear their team kit.

Pity I didn't see him or Froome Dog.

:-/

Froome dog was training at altitude, local SA pro did not ride in their team kit, nor did our ladies.

Before you get your knickers in a knot, read the whole thread!!http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/stupid.gif

He is right

Edited by Kranswurm

Froome dog was training at altitude, local SA pro did not ride in their team kit, nor did our ladies.

Yeah, I think Team Sky is off the Spanish Coast again for their 1st team session.

Any teams not make the 10 hr cut-off?

wacko.png

There was a cut-off point somewhere where the sweeper comes into play.

Edited by Puncheur

awesome stuff and great innovation with the side mounted camera snapping pics http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

Tx. pics came out great