Chain Reaction Orders

RussDix

Hi Guys,

Would just like to find out what the delivery time is like from Chain Reaction, are they pretty reliable?

Cheers

Russ

How was it sent? Royal mail, DHL? Free postage 3-4 weeks with my experience. Randela/ Pound exchange rate not so lekker now. Some things you might even find cheaper here.

Reliable, Yes

By courier, quick

ByRoyal Mail Parcel force, Forever!!

Do a forum search on CRC and you will get all the info about tracking your order, how and where to find out where it is and what numbers to call as well as what VAT and duties you can expect to pay when it does arrive!

Last month, Royal Mail, 1 month on the dot, and the day before their call centre told me the parcel hadn't left their warehouse yet. So budget on paying for shipping (DONT USE THE FREE SHIPPING YOU GET)

Previously i've received parcels via courier in 3days flat...

I have placed a couple of order already and always used the free shipping option. Never once lost an order, but it takes up to 4 weeks to arrive.

Reliable, Yes

By courier, quick

ByRoyal Mail Parcel force, Forever!!

Do a forum search on CRC and you will get all the info about tracking your order, how and where to find out where it is and what numbers to call as well as what VAT and duties you can expect to pay when it does arrive!

Royal mail takes forever, yes, but Parcel Force is trackable and couriered and out of 12 Parcel Force orders, the longest I've had to wait is 9 calendar days. Most arrive in 5-7.

Last month, Royal Mail, 1 month on the dot, and the day before their call centre told me the parcel hadn't left their warehouse yet. So budget on paying for shipping (DONT USE THE FREE SHIPPING YOU GET)

I avoid Royal Mail like the plague. Got free shipping on an Evan's Cycles order. The method of [their] choice... Royal Mail. Item never arrived, so I insisted on a resend via Parcel Force.

As for the free shipping... it always used to be Parcel Force, up until they dropped the minimum spend from R3000 to R2000. Now they have the Free (Royal Mail) R99 (Parcel Force) and approx R400 (DHL) shipping options.

There also seems to be a loop-hole in the free shipping. My last 4 orders have all been during the current Royal Mail free shipping period, but I've had parcelforce (trackable 1 week delivery) each time. I think because of the dimensions of the box. I don't think royal mail can handle boxes over a certain size.

As for DHL, remember that although it might shave a day or 2 on parcel force, it does cost more, and their dispatch fee is around R100, whereas Parcel Force (EMS) only charge R30

I've yet to have a problem with the 'free mail' option, though I must admit that when I've waited for notification, to collect, from my local PO, it delays things. After 7 working days, I pay my local PO a visit and my parcel is usually there.

Often get the spares faster than ordering via my LBS

Merlin Cycles shipped my package via RM 3 hours after they opened (paid at 9, it was shipped by 12). It arrived in SA 3 days later.

Very quick. Placed on order on Friday the 9th of November at 21:00 and received my parcell on Wednesday morning of the 14th. The trick is to opt for DHL Express and to do the EFT for the duties & VAT as soon as you get the email from DHL.

Not related to CRC, but rather our beloved post office:

Bought an item from the Hub, mailed (via normal parcel) from CPT on 4 October. Arrived at my post office in the North West on 10 November. It apparently took longer to cross the country than for a free delivery from the UK to arrive cursing.gif