Recovery /rest

Did my 1st 94.7 on sunday.

Don't feel to bad apart form being badly sunburnt. Slight stiffness behind my knees.

How ling must i recover before i can train again?

You can train today if you like - just play it by feel, if you feel ok, carry on, if you feel exhausted, give it another day off.

Why did you not train yesterday, A recovery ride of an hour would have done you good unless you were nackered and good not get out of bed.

Noting really sore... Just the skin that burned. My bibs moved up slightly and i have a half a cm line on my legs burnt badly...

Easy ride the day after to help recovery and ease stiffness , then tuesday off . wed back on the bike as per normal and resume again till the next race .

Well thats what i normally do after each hard race/training weekend .

But each to his own , listen to your body

Edited by Iron

i've got some sort of "cycling blister"....blush.png

was in the spinning Class last week tuesday, Ran in did the spinning in normal training shorts and my undies....ran back

Felt something between leg and bag areaph34r.png

Felt a bit of soreness pre ride saturday...But after Sunday i have irritated that spot very badly and it is super sensitive and kina looks like a smaal cut...Legs are fine....slightly embarrassed seeing that my chafe/sensitive/sore thing is on a very sensitive spot...

So...what do you guys have to say about my recovery/rest.???

As I need to train for 70.3...And this is quite a setback for me...

Any help or advice will help a lot.....whistling.gif

Interesting Spinnekop. People always tell me less is more I never believe them. This year did a ride to Clarens, 3 weeks later ride to Durban. Three weeks later the Berg and Bush. A week later the Jacaranda and now my worst 94 in 5 years.

To get back on track with the thread, I think there is more to it than meets the eye

i've got some sort of "cycling blister"....blush.png

was in the spinning Class last week tuesday, Ran in did the spinning in normal training shorts and my undies....ran back

Felt something between leg and bag areaph34r.png

Felt a bit of soreness pre ride saturday...But after Sunday i have irritated that spot very badly and it is super sensitive and kina looks like a smaal cut...Legs are fine....slightly embarrassed seeing that my chafe/sensitive/sore thing is on a very sensitive spot...

So...what do you guys have to say about my recovery/rest.???

As I need to train for 70.3...And this is quite a setback for me...

Any help or advice will help a lot.....whistling.gif

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2011/02/saddle-sores-a-pain-in-the-arse/

its known as a saddle sore , a hair folical that has ingrown a bit , got infected and inflamed . google them there are many ways to sort it out .

http://www.cyclingti...in-in-the-arse/

its known as a saddle sore , a hair folical that has ingrown a bit , got infected and inflamed . google them there are many ways to sort it out .

Yo Iron, Its not the typical hair folical story....I was on google the whole day yesterday....

Do you maybe think my undies could have caused it in the Spinning class?? its like a straight line if irritation on the Right side..

between leg/sack area exactly where the bottom takes the pressure onto the saddle....small open section on the line as wellwacko.png

What was your time on that Singlespeed on Sunday???

Not sure if I really believe in resting after a race. I take a day off and then train as usual. Don't really believe in taking a week off prior to a race either. I trained every day until the 94.7 (boxing, swimming, gym, riding) and felt super strong on the day.

I just think you should listen to your body. If you feel strong, go train. If you are buggered, take a day off, it's not going to kill you and won't affect your fitness in the greater scheme of things.

Yo Iron, Its not the typical hair folical story....I was on google the whole day yesterday....

Do you maybe think my undies could have caused it in the Spinning class?? its like a straight line if irritation on the Right side..

between leg/sack area exactly where the bottom takes the pressure onto the saddle....small open section on the line as wellwacko.png

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/123136-chafe/

Noting really sore... Just the skin that burned. My bibs moved up slightly and i have a half a cm line on my legs burnt badly...

Why you not use sun tan cream, J....

Or did you?

Tough lesson learnt, I guess.

Why you not use sun tan cream, J....

Or did you?

Tough lesson learnt, I guess.

I did... But like a chop only where the skin shows. Didnt bargain on the shorts moving

Oh ok . dont spin in undies , use your cycling shorts . could be the elastic that cut/rubed you

and 2h58