Port Alfred/Kenton On Sea area MTB rides, Dec 2012

The Cycle Asylum

Anybody riding during December holidays. Port Alfred/Kenton On Sea area. Would like to get contact details together for group rides. Please send your details to lappies@cycleasylum.co.za

Heading : December Group Rides

Please add the following :

Name, contact details and if you would prefer Port Alfred or Kenton On Sea(Bushmans)

The Cycle Asylum, in Port Alfred

www.cycleasylum.co.za

Shop is in Port Alfred, go check out our webpage www.cycleasylum.co.za

88 Albany rd Port Alfred.

Contact details : 083 408 8992

O nee Hayley, ek sal jou nie eers hoef te vra nie, jy's klaar in, lol. thumbup1.gif

A cycling shop in "CAH" - this is excellent news! Been going to Kenton on Sea every year of my life for the Dec/Jan hols. Only took up MTB 2 years ago and last year persuaded the whole family to acquire 2 bikes for our holidays down there...now we have peace of mind that they can be properly serviced from time to time. clap.gif Was really worried about how quickly these bikes would deteriorate in storage - not ideal for a bike to stand idle for 11 months in a seaside town!

Can't wait to try that trail at Sebumo. Ride from Kenton, do the trail, and return for a nice 45km outing. Crazy thing is last year I was riding past Sebumo and I remember thinking that that would be the most amazing chunk of land to inroduce a bit of riding on!

Anyone know how the Kariega's mouth is looking after the recent heavy rains?

Mpekweni got some great trails.

Worth the trip for lunch and a ride

Use to make the annual pilgrimage to play 18 holes at Fish River...may just trade it for some fun in the sticks at Mpekweni going forward. How much further is it up the coast?

How much riding is there at Mpekweni?

We going from PA to Bathurst? Hope that is on the cards, I believe I'll be fit again by then to do it.

Also, if the Thursday/Tuesdays night rides are still on, ill probably want to ride via gravel road to PA, do the ride and go back with lights - so you can advertise that too.

Anybody riding during December holidays. Port Alfred/Kenton On Sea area. Would like to get contact details together for group rides. Please send your details to lappies@cycleasylum.co.za

Heading : December Group Rides

Please add the following :

Name, contact details and if you would prefer Port Alfred or Kenton On Sea(Bushmans)

The Cycle Asylum, in Port Alfred

www.cycleasylum.co.za

Will be there from 29 Dec to 10 Jan....Keen as mustard for some MTB outings ...

Ill be in Cannon Rocks and keen on a couple of MTB rides. I am quite interested in the Sebumo ride if you can give me some more information.

Sorry guys been off my game a bit. Sebumo Tude was started about 5 months ago. We built approx 14km of track, jeeptrack and singletrack. Ronald (the owner) just finished building another 6 bridges to get over those pesky fences and the track has been cleared after the heavy floods we had about a month ago. There are a few distances and you can start with about 5km going to 14km. Unfortunately the first climb is about 1km into the track and is quite tough. The surface is a bit rough at this stage, but will get better after a few riders have passed through. Sebumo Tude is halfway between Port Alfred and Kenton On Sea on the Southwell road. 12km from Kenton and 18km from Port Alfred. Go to the Sebumo Tude webpage and give Ronanld a call. He'll be happy to give you further info.

Hi guys anybody else interested in riding in the area, please let me know. There are a few guys that want to confirm group rides in the Kenton On Sea/Bushmans. Please e-mail me with your details and we can put the riders in contact with each other.

Ill be in Cannon Rocks and keen on a couple of MTB rides. I am quite interested in the Sebumo ride if you can give me some more information.

I will also be in Canon Rocks for a few days around the 25th. Will pm you closer to the time.