Air compressor and pumping tubeless

RoboLuke

sometimes getting a tubless tyre to take onto a rim is a very vloekerige and frustrating

event.

does anyome know if those little air compressors one can buy from makro and builders warehouse...

if they have enough airflow fast enough to seal the tyre?

sometimes getting a tubless tyre to take onto a rim is a very vloekerige and frustrating

event.

does anyome know if those little air compressors one can buy from makro and builders warehouse...

if they have enough airflow fast enough to seal the tyre?

I have T-max 160L / min compresssor. Bought it at 4x4 megaworld when they did a special on them. Its such a breeze to do conversions now. Also handy if you go to moz often or have a emergency flat. Carry it in my car.

A diving air tank holds about 500 tyres worth of air and is amazing.

Just remember to use a regulator down to about 4 bar!

As diving is such a safety conscious sport their tanks are discarded way before they can't hold air on land and you pick them up for nothing.

I have T-max 160L / min compresssor. Bought it at 4x4 megaworld when they did a special on them. Its such a breeze to do conversions now. Also handy if you go to moz often or have a emergency flat. Carry it in my car.

I have an ARB 4x4 compressor. What sort of adaptor are you using to join to a MTB schraeder valve?

If you going to do a tubeless tyre onto a tubeless rim then that little compressor will work . If you gonna start doing tubeless conversions then forget it !!

I have an ARB 4x4 compressor. What sort of adaptor are you using to join to a MTB schraeder valve?

Yo, any LBS should sell them...think it was 20 bucks. Got mine at the labrats

As diving is such a safety conscious sport their tanks are discarded way before they can't hold air on land and you pick them up for nothing.

As far as I know you cannot get them filled without a diving ticket??

If you going to do a tubeless tyre onto a tubeless rim then that little compressor will work . If you gonna start doing tubeless conversions then forget it !!

Yes and no, there are some cheap compressors that hardly blows up a beach ball, nevermind a tyre. You need something that a gives good amount of air flow. As a rule of thumb the ones that plug into your cigarette lighter are garbage, they don't last and a footpump gives better results. The 160L t-max I have is plenty strong, actually meant for 4x4 tyres and does the job very well. But they are not cheapest...think they are like 1100 bucks. This is an investment especially if you visit moz alot.

Did 4 wheel conversions on tubeless ready tyres(3 Schwalbe RR snakeskin, 1 maxxis ikon) on non-ust rims(Stans crests, bontrager rythm elites) last weekend...in 10 minutes No issues, no fuss, works a charm.

this would make a lot of sense for an LBS. not so much for home mechanics.

But they will not fill a "discarded" tank. ie one that has not been inspected and stamped.

Correct, as my name implies, I R DIVER.

Tanks need an annual inspection. If it fails, they usually drill a hole in it, making it as useful as a 12kg paperweight.

Paintballers, air rifle shooters and anyone that needs some compressed air use these tanks. Available second hand between R500 and R1500, depending on age, condition and seller.

I've managed to do all my tubeless with a hand pump, the kind you stand on and pump vigorously with your hands.

Having said that, I recently got a very nice budget compressor for spraypaint and general compressed air workshop work from Makro: a Stanley made in Italy, looks decent quality, about R1400 and does about 8 Bar.

hoeveel liter n minuut?

I've managed to do all my tubeless with a hand pump, the kind you stand on and pump vigorously with your hands.

Having said that, I recently got a very nice budget compressor for spraypaint and general compressed air workshop work from Makro: a Stanley made in Italy, looks decent quality, about R1400 and does about 8 Bar.