Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try and keep you cool and relaxed in the starting pens.

What's the stress about? It's just another cycling race. Just enjoy the time on your bike, the rest comes by itself. whistling.gif whistling.gif

The stress is about this being my first road "race" since my 200m-Argus (which was when my chain broke). So you need strong stuff to keep me calm in the chutes!

I got a little white board with my number on it, sort of cut off on one side with 3 holes in it. What is that for? No instructions came with it.

Is it for the front of the bike like in mountain biking? So Action Photos can find me without using those ugly orange stickers?

I got a little white board with my number on it, sort of cut off on one side with 3 holes in it. What is that for? No instructions came with it.

Is it for the front of the bike like in mountain biking? So Action Photos can find me without using those ugly orange stickers?

Racing CAT.

Use tie thingies and attach to seat post.

Good luck!

Edited by Puncheur

Don't remember the gradient of helz being steep. How steep is it?

Riding the inside corners - average 5.5% Taking the outside lines - average 4.5%

Avg 5.5ish

So not bad at all.

But I was entered for the short route and will be riding it with a beginner (read slow).

First ride for me also first big cycle comp. Starting in the X group so those that wanna drop back for a chat u know where we will be waiting :)

Guest Frail4Life

You are seeded in a Racing category.Leave all your baggage at home, you going to Fly!The Board gets fitted behind the Headset and underneath the Toptube.Will be needed to access your Chute.

You are seeded in a Racing category.Leave all your baggage at home, you going to Fly!The Board gets fitted behind the Headset and underneath the Toptube.Will be needed to access your Chute.

Attach it behind your seatpost.

Everytime I check the weather for Sunday it seems to get 'worsererer'! Gonna be some light rain on the course. Lets hope they wrong.

Everytime I check the weather for Sunday it seems to get 'worsererer'! Gonna be some light rain on the course. Lets hope they wrong.

Maybe a hint to stop checking?

Just picked up our numbers. Hope this Southeaster blows over before Sunday. Otherwise it is going to be rough!

Looks like a NW with some light rain. It should blow you back home, sort of. Now wondering if the MTB will not be a better idea on the 44km course with my boy.

All I can say is the wind is pumping in Stellenbosch. Small trees laying on their side. Strand Rd looks like it got pounded by a hurricane with all the debris. So happy we not riding today!

Weather seems to have improved for sunday.. Rain is no longer forecast (will be raining Saturday though) Sunday 25 degrees, 27kph gusts