Road bike for Argus

Danus24

Are you sure your inseam was correctly measured? I am 173 with an inseam of 83cm.

Your right just re-measured its 84-86cm. Did it the old book spine between the legs measure from top of book spine to floor with out shoes on, Right?

Your right just re-measured its 84-86cm. Did it the old book spine between the legs measure from top of book spine to floor with out shoes on, Right?

the 56 would be just fine.

remember what feels right will make it more enjoyable...and only that will make you faster.

our brain is a strange thing...both positive and negative.

I was chatting with the guys wife. She said it was a large from my understanding large start at 56cm right? How do I check the size if its not on the frame? Seattube to headtube c to c?

yes headtube would give you a good indication, also looks like a 56 from the pic you've given.

Just checked the Cyclefit website and you are looking at R550 for a fitment.

A little steep isn't it?

Edited by Wez-O

Yeah, does seem so. Couldn't you jjust go into your LBS if you’re a regular customer and asked for help?

ErgoFit if also R550 for one bike, it could go up to R950 for ErgoMax with two bikes. http://renayg.wordpress.com/ergofit/

The difference between a bike fit done at a LBS and one done professionally (ErgoFit/CycleFit) are worlds apart. I've had both done and the professional fitment is much more scientific and tailored to your particular riding experience (muscle condition), flexibility and height.

LBS fitment is eye balled and generic as a one size fits all.

If all you're looking for is what's the right bike size for you then use this: http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-tools/frame-sizer It's close enough for a one size fits all.

If you want to optimize performance on the bike and have niggling pains then go for the professional fitment.

Just remember to put some "Sky in your Rounds" before you take it for a ride thumbup1.gif

Your LBS could assess the best size frame for you.

Your position on the bike requires a professional fitment.

Great. Thanks for all the help. Went ahead and purchased the 2001 Schwinn Fastback Factory. Went for a 40kms ride and wow what a difference. Average speed over the 40kms was 10kms faster than on my MTB. Just waiting for some cash to come through and I'll schedule a Cycle/ErgoFIt. Thanks again.