It's Cape Town or Bust

Caerus

Well I made it safe & sound on Sunday to Cape Town, the drive was pretty hectic as it rained most of the way. All moved in, and am going for my first explore ride this morning, seems I brought the rain with me thoug, sorry about that.

Excited to start work tomorrow. So any people that need anything cut or machined using a 3 axis CNC or watered cut, give me a shout.

Thanks for all the welcome messages and look forward to hooking up for a proper ride soon. I'll send you a PM CaptMayhem.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I made it safe & sound on Sunday to Cape Town, the drive was pretty hectic as it rained most of the way. All moved in, and am going for my first explore ride this morning, seems I brought the rain with me thoug, sorry about that.

Excited to start work tomorrow. So any people that need anything cut or machined using a 3 axis CNC or watered cut, give me a shout.

Thanks for all the welcome messages and look forward to hooking up for a proper ride soon. I'll send you a PM CaptMayhem.

Good luck on your new act @caerus!

So finally the time has arrived, my last day at work today. I then drive down to Cape Town early tomorrow morning, and will be arriving in CT on Sunday to finally be re-united with my wife. I start my new job on Tuesday http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/clap.gif

Thanks for all the help from the people that gave me advice on areas to live, will be staying in Woodbridge Island till me and the wife find something suitable.

Will be good to finally meet some CT hubbers at the charity ride on the public holiday on the 17th( Ive not had time to ride for almost two months now, so will be slow, lol.)

My time on The Hub is now seriously going to be limited http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbdown.gif But I've had a great time over the past 3 years, thanks everyone for keeping me sane & entertained at my current job.

So roll on 3pm and onto new job, new city and new challenges which I'm eager to get stuck into. http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup1.gif

There goes the neighborhood .... jeeeeeeeez

So are you here yet. Just remember that the water its a little colder in our ocean.....so don't run in eagerly the first time, get caught by surprise and then run out screeming like a girl :)

'My time on The Hub is now seriously going to be limited But I've had a great time over the past 3 years, thanks everyone for keeping me sane & entertained at my current job.'

The wife have you whipped already? Lol! Then you are gonna miss Durbs.

Welcome to "our" part of the country. Sure you'll just fit in nicely. whistling.gif

Hope to meet you on the road soon.

Had a great ride this morning. Went into the city along the bike paths from Woodbridge Island, hot into the city and got a bit lost, which was all good. Tourist info couldn't give me any info on the cycle paths and Cyclelab wasn't much help either. Thought that pretty strange.Still had a good little cruise around the city and then out to Blouberg on the cycle paths and back to Woodbridge Island. Did over 40km today, which I was pretty stoked about considering I've not ridden much in the past two months.

Great 1st day in Cape Town.