Ok let's hear it vangaalens,laps experiences,gossip??

DIPSLICK

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if the guy that went down on the the first river crossing is ok?

He was pretty badly in shock and bleeding quite a bit when we passed the scene.

Big up to the riders helping him as for the paramedics that did their best to get to him quickly.

Whats your excuse? Why weren't you racing?

hey u

Ive been holidaying and stuff biggrin.png so training took a back seat the last 2 mnths. Just needed a break for a bit. I was only good for the Modders 6hr tongue.png

Was a lot of fun. IMO Van Gaalensis the perfect venue for this event. But got the feeling that it wasn't as big or as well attended as previous years.

Personally, I was far more impressed by my ability to skull beers than to churn out laps.

i had a ball...was a great course...couldnt sleep last night for some reason which stuffed my performance today..

We had 2 Singlespeed teams entered. The one did 39 laps (the race snakes) and our team managed 37 laps.

An awesome course that suited our bikes perfectly.

Well done to those Hubbers that rode solo; Mons, Sir M and Slick! (Apologies if I left anyone out)

2 major complaints which we viewed in a serious light and which could impact on our entering next year, viz

- Very little catering.We were told that there would be plenty of food so we only brought snacks. There was 1 guy there making boerewors rolls and he wasn't aware that he had to be there for 24 hours. What about someone selling bacon and egg rolls in the morning? Someone would have made a fortune. Plenty of riders went into town to go and buy supper.

- No coffee station at all! Seriously, it's a 24hr race for heavens sake!

It seems to me that the organisers are only in it to make money and not look after the riders at all!!

Awesome tracks, awesome going even with the little bouts of drizzle. great vibe and AWESOME people! Maybe better catering next year? Definitely on the agenda for next year!!