Ok let's hear it vangaalens,laps experiences,gossip??

DIPSLICK

then why bring up the allegation (a false one) that the complimentary drinks were removed halfway through the event.

So we misunderstood when the guy at the drinks barked to 'leave the drinks alone, it's tomorrow's'? I don't make false accusations.

Calm down VG camp fighter, let's agree to disagree.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No thanks - I prefer to help you by entering your event. I have done it every year for the past 4 years, and have always entered a large team. I will do so next year again.

Fantastic! Thank you for your support! Please note that we do take your comments seriously!

So we misunderstood when the guy at the drinks barked to 'leave the drinks alone, it's tomorrow's'? I don't make false accusations.

Calm down VG camp fighter, let's agree to disagree.

Wow! I would love to know who said that to you! That's rude and uncalled for. Sorry about that. We never instructed anyone to ration the drinks!

1. I am sure I read your post 100% and I didn't miss anything - or did I?

2. I would say that the 24hr race last week at Rietvlei is competition for the Omnimotion 24hr, or do you disagree?

3. I get that they were let down by someone else. You run a business and I am sure you know it's not a good idea to have all your eggs in one basket. You need plan B,C and D.

4. Agree. That is dumb.

I think Redness got the gist of my post, which was meant constructively.

1. Yes you did, the fact that the catering was out of their control.

2. I disagree, it's a smaller event and to try and compare how smooth the two ran is really a moot point (this is also not a this 24 versus that 24 issue, but a timing issue)

3. My business and race organization are two different models, plan B, C and D when you already have to lick people's @sses are just that, plan B,C and D.......here I say Erik could have made a plan from the start.

4. We have to ask one question however, why two events on the same weekend last year and why two events a week apart now, what was the real plan or motive behind it ?

It's fair enough to say "let's give the riders an option"

Too spoilt for choice often leads to too much disappointment.

I personally feel we have way too many events on our calendar (24 hours aside for now)

When you have so many events and try and get sponsors to come on board, people simply just turn around and feel that they are wasting their sponsorship opportunity at the next, and the next and the next event.

I say less events that are better organized with a team who works on the planning and organization of the event for a year beforehand is what we need for all our races, more stuff for family and kids more of an opportunity of "exposure" for potential sponsors.

There are too many people trying to make a quick buck off this sport and doing things for their own admission.

Gone are the days when events were a pilgrimage, Attakwas has become one of those as an example.

Barberton , Sabie, the Hilton Classic and Rhodes are just a few I can mention as events riders looked forward to for a year before hand, those events were slick and well supported by sponsors.

OK, enough ranting from me as I will never stop..................

****Too spoilt for choice****

I wasn't saying it wasn't easily findable. If I needed it, I would have asked and sure it would have been located with ease. It was great to have the phone off for a while and charging up anything didn't feature on my todo list by 10pm saturday. Next time I'll bring my swedish massage chair and make sure its powered though. talking about which... massages for next year event would go down well, I am sure.

Believe it or not, The Paige Project did organize a massage tent but the lady involved had to fly to Iceland due to a family emergency!

In the back of my mind there are also a few things to moan about - but then I realised, if I were to moan, it will just show how spoilt I am.

Each person that got to attend this race/ride are SO blessed, even if you missed your 1st morning coffee yesterday!

Normally very late. You must have slept through the last few then....

- yawn - sorry what????

wink.png

Edited by =Bones=

the catering and commentator was a small distraction, what counted in my books that made the weekend an awesome one:

1. Great trail

2. Great vibe

3. Awesome friends and fellow campers

if any of the above was sub-standard, the event would have been a failure to me.

the catering and commentator was a small distraction, what counted in my books that made the weekend an awesome one:

1. Great trail

2. Great vibe

3. Awesome friends and fellow campers

if any of the above was sub-standard, the event would have been a failure to me.

+1

Easier said than done. A backup caterer would have to have stock on hand with all of the equipment and staff ready to go for the entire weekend! It's as I said, the caterer booked let us down at the very last minute! I would also like to add...last year, the people who catered where VERY organised, had everything on sale and ended up having major losses as hardly anyone bought food because it seemed everyone came with their own food. As far as organization is concerned, we agree, the catering was a major disappointing but we believe all other aspects were in place and enjoyed by most. We will endevour to prevent problems like this from happening again which is why we are already in agreement with Erik of the the Cheese Farm to take over the catering.

We hope to see you again!

Don't worry. I get your point and I have been involved in event organisation before so I know the logistical issues. Good news about VG handling it next time. Won't have to send a team mate to Pecanwood to buy pizzas.

I promise I will be at the next one even if it's just a dude with a stopwatch and a clipboard. I just want to make sure the event has a good future and keeps on getting better.

Guys, Don't get me wrong, the was great and Eric did a great job but my point is that at least mention the top 3 in a category as the second and third team were juniors and were racing all the way till the end. These are the guys for the future.

Guys, Don't get me wrong, the was great and Eric did a great job but my point is that at least mention the top 3 in a category as the second and third team were juniors and were racing all the way till the end. These are the guys for the future.

they should mention up to 78th. more or less.

Point taken! Thank you

Any updates on where we can get the results?

We're working on it. It's the first time we've used this weekends timekeepers and the protocols are different.