LeMond to run for UCI Presidency

JustinHayes

Well Dangle it seems we are the only 2 who thinks Lemond is a wanker of note! Imagine how this Nancy will bitch once at the top of a governing body

Me three. What a tjop!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to think who'd I want at the top...

Criteria:

Deeply understands racing.

Can collaborate without being a doormat.

Credibility '(trustworthy'through actions and decisions)

Reasonable body fat percentage (less than 17%) :-D

Hmm...

Edited by Puncheur

I'm trying to think who'd I want at the top...

Criteria:

Deeply understands racing.

Can collaborate without being a doormat.

Credibility '(trustworthy'through actions and decisions)

Reasonable body fat percentage (less than 17%) :-D

Hmm...

I know!!! Lance!!!! I mean he even made substantial donations to the UCI so we know he cares about the organization. Who could possibly be better for cycling. I mean he practically invented winning!!!

We used to say at school that it takes a big one to spot a small one. Perhaps one of the biggest dopers in the sport not to be caught (now that Armstrong is out of the picture). Perhaps he's got what it takes to make some tough decisions.

I wonder what qualifications he has besides been a past TDF podium winner.? Which in my opinion is not a qualification for the position at all.

Been a good cyclist / athlete does not necessarily translate to been a good Sport manager, especially a position like this which is highly politicized.

I have no beef with Greg, but these positions are heavily bureaucratic, its highly unlikely he will simply walk in and start making changes - no matter his intent, good or bad.

If i have to think of ex pro riders i would consider to be UCI president......................I vote for Pantani................exactly!

In the light of the recent moral check in the world of cycling i don't think it should be a ex pro to run the UCI. They maybe should get a person out of the corporate environment to come in with a bang, make changes and get the thing on track. I am talking about the bussiness side of things here. Surely he should have a advising panel that looks at things from a rider perspective.

If i have to think of ex pro riders i would consider to be UCI president......................I vote for Pantani................exactly!

In the light of the recent moral check in the world of cycling i don't think it should be a ex pro to run the UCI. They maybe should get a person out of the corporate environment to come in with a bang, make changes and get the thing on track. I am talking about the bussiness side of things here. Surely he should have a advising panel that looks at things from a rider perspective.

Indeed, I tend to agree with you.

Brings to mind the old adage, "The shoemakers personal shoes always have holes in them" or "The mechanics car always runs worse than yours" - I would prefer to see a good well qualified businessman in the position, someone from outside the industry. Someone who has no favors to repay and can take a cold hard calculating look at what needs to be done and do so without worrying about friends and past ties to the sport.

Cycling can definitely benefit from Lemonds passion, but not at the top. Make him head of drug issues or something where he can be vocal about an issue that no one wants to address.

What always fascinate me is how we tend to think sports icons or celebrities have the business acumen and what it takes to manage and grow a business. They have the popular face but while we were studying developing these guys were riding a bike or sitting on a plane or shooting some movie, working out in the gym and fitting clothes. They make use of advisors and pr organizations.

Hammer on what people fear the most and they think you are the solution.

Cycling is still f*cked, hand-wringing and BS to continue.

Richard Moore@richardmoore73

Although 10 riders were approached by Change Cycling Now, and all apparently declined to attend, David Millar was not invited.

Did you guys pick up on the start of the paragraph of the 1st post......."Only"......whistling.gif ....http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

Did you guys pick up on the start of the paragraph of the 1st post......."Only"......whistling.gif ....http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

No, all I had to see was the name " Le Mond " followed by "to run for presidency" and I kotsche'd.

How do we know he raced clean in the 80's?

This isn't exactly "proof", but it gives an indication of how ridiculous doping was in the 90's:

Times up Alpe d'Huez:

Marco Pantani 1997 37:35

Lance Armstrong 2004 37:36

Greg Lemond 1986 48:00

If Greg was juicing then he was seriously pathetic.

This isn't exactly "proof", but it gives an indication of how ridiculous doping was in the 90's:

Times up Alpe d'Huez:

Marco Pantani 1997 37:35

Lance Armstrong 2004 37:36

Greg Lemond 1986 48:00

If Greg was juicing then he was seriously pathetic.

He was a bit of a fatty if you compared him to the pure climbers.

Get a business man in from the corporate world? Really? Where was everyone during the last economic meltdown. How about Julius rather