Claim Discovery Vitality point for races done

Rusty250

Learn't yesterday that one can claim Vitality points for races competed in by entering into the SA Active website for points this year.

Requires login, however free.

www.sa-active.com

Although teadous, can gain some extra vitality points which always does not go amiss.

thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gifthumbup1.gif

P.S. 2013 can enter directly into discovery (New website)

cant find the road cycling events?

You can add the event, as long as you provide a link to the online results with your time. They will confirm and give you the points.

Also note that they only go back through 6 months of results. Anything earlier will be rejected. And there is a limit that you will reach pretty quickly so don't bother entering old events.

I managed to log my events without using SA Active, just entered all event details, finish time and race number. Then they allocate you the points in 15 minutes. You can then also go and log all your garmin files onto the living vitality! Just maxed out all my fitness points and bonus points in 15 minutes, gold now clap.gif

Well done Discovery, that SA-Active routine was worse than negotiating an Argus entry

Hardly Discovery's fault if SA Active's "routine" isn't up to scratch wrt registration and Points allocation / results tracking...

Entered all of my events and got my 5000 bonus points for doing over 5 events. If you use a Polar, you can also get around 200 pts per exercise by registering them as a partner.

From their site IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Please note that as of the 1st January 2013, Vitality members will no longer be able to claim points by registering for events on this site. After completing an event, you can claim your Vitality points by visiting www.discovery.co.za

READ MORE

Remember - Discovery full of clever tricks , don't put all your trust in this company...

From their site IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Please note that as of the 1st January 2013, Vitality members will no longer be able to claim points by registering for events on this site. After completing an event, you can claim your Vitality points by visiting www.discovery.co.za

READ MORE

Remember - Discovery full of clever tricks , don't put all your trust in this company...

you are right fellow hubber .

I benefit nicely from all the extra Vitality benefits. Buying from their partner stores, healthy food choices and such. Been a gold member for 2 months and i get at least a R500 cash back monthly on run of the mill stuff. You have to understand the system and capitalise on it. Monthly cash back will at least cover the normal PPA races not to mention the cash back you get every 4 years if you have a policy or something with them. I changed all my stuff from Sanlam to Discovery

How does the Garmin import setting work?

If I remember correctly there was a way you can import your Garmin data to the Discovery site?

Im not very clued up regarding these things....if someone can explain these things to me via PM perhaps? I would appreciate it. I only know about the cash back and points you can get from gym...

Edited by MTB_Roadie

If I remember correctly there was a way you can import your Garmin data to the Discovery site?

There's now an area on the new Vitality site where you can upload Garmin workouts directly from the device. You can also claim points for races directly through Discovery, hence the discontinuation at SA-Active.

Edited by Minion

how should I go about claiming the points on their website directly? I am already registered, etc.

The site seems to be down at the moment, so can't check. As far as I know, you can only claim Garmin points from January. Race points are through SA-Active until January.