Attempted mugging in Tokai

megdobson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on riding Tokai later this week or early next week when I'm down there. Is it safe to ride by myself?

You are thug, was there any doubt??. You won't be alone, but even if you were, you'll be fine. Let me know when you are riding, keen to check out the el guapo in person!!

You are thug, was there any doubt??. You won't be alone, but even if you were, you'll be fine. Let me know when you are riding, keen to check out the el guapo in person!!

Realistically, I know you can't guarantee anyone's safety, Pain or Shine.

Sounds likes there's real good measures in place to promote safety on the trails.

Good job!

I'm planning on riding Tokai later this week or early next week when I'm down there. Is it safe to ride by myself?

absolutely dude. Just don't be a tard and ride after dark. Then it's not AS safe, and you should ride in a group.

Otherwise - ride on, brutha!

Cool, will send a PM when I plan on riding.

Cool, will send a PM when I plan on riding.

me too please.. Plan on riding a few times this week, but working Thursday / Friday so only tomorrow, wednesday & the weekend that I can ride...

me too please.. Plan on riding a few times this week, but working Thursday / Friday so only tomorrow, wednesday & the weekend that I can ride...

Will do.

Driving down tomorrow, so it will probably be Sunday.

Nevermind...false alarm. So what I wanted to say was I'd be keen to join you guys n Sunday. Ibis needs to see some real trails.

Nor am I.

I read on a daily basis how we get piled in the, "oh well, you are alive" category. Sod that, if anyone experiences an attack (think 13yr old especially) and loses anything emotional or physical, they have lost too much.

I am pushing for a dog patrol in Tokai! It is on the cards but has yet to be approved, this could take time and time we do not have. You are correct in saying once the scourge takes hold it will be a problem, but I don't see it being a part of Tokai's future.

My comment earlier was just to offer some reassurance that when you report a guy chasing you with a panga, the words you hear will not be "..did you lose anything?" thinking it can be replaced through insurance. Insurance will not replace your faith in the venue.

It was not a dig on GP either but think about it, it was left to the hubbers to do something.. really?

To be fair to NF though, they did take it seriously and did put in some serious counter measures, before 'the hub'

Additionally though NF also had to put out an email to riders who were abusive to the security.

On the Spruit there are two senior SAPS members from Randburg who have been extremely proactive.

Witwatersrand is a large and high density area, some precincts are better policed than others. On the whole though, there are a number of safe trails still.

Nothing like what you have with TM granted, but we make do with what we have, trail wise and pretty well.

van Gaalen is still the more back country kind of riding I enjoy, bit of a drive but well worth the trip.

Definitely relieves my 'Tokai envy' ;)

Made it down in one piece as did the bike.

Anyone keen tomorrow morning? Or should we make it Sunday morning?