10 Speed chain question

Mojoman

Thanks, do you use the black SRAm link or something else as I have read you cant get the black link off should you want to remove the chain? I currently have a KMC X10 chain with quick link that gives no problems.

You can get the black link of but it is not easy . but a decent long nose and once you get the hang of it very easy .

You can get the black quick link off.

You can do it the difficult way using a pair of long nose pliers, or you can do it the easy

way by buying the quicklink pliers (about R80 at the LBS or CWC)

Edit: spelling

Edited by mrbaker

Been reading a bit and one one forum a rider uses the set up below to remove the link. A thin zip tie on the plates, a piece of brake/gear cable around the pins, use a pair of pliers and you should be able to pull it off?

I dont understand why SRAM has to make it complicated, as mentioned I have a KMC chain with their quick link and have no issues getting it on or off so wht does SRAM need to be different?!

http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/stuck-10speed-sram-powerlink-603070-3.html

post-12678-0-58731100-1355127343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

Just take a set of long nose pliers and pinch on the opposite corners of the link. Easy.

ie: on your pic you pinch on this side on the right corner, and on the back on the left corner.

Edited by wheelerdealer